Recent content by ribs1

1. ribs1

New reverse osmosis system. Flow rate seems low. Please advise

Thanks for this information Dittohead, and thanks for everyone elses help too. As you guys can probably tell, I am not a plumber or a water treatment pro as many here are. I am must a consumer trying to educate myself as much as possible. 1. I am pretty sure that there is an ASOV on this...
  2. ribs1

We are definitely enjoying the water and I am getting used to the flow rate. Really I had no problem drinking our water out of the softener but my wife hated it. I am very happy to not have to buy bottled water anymore. Ice cubes look nice too. Really clear. Coffee was good this morning too.
  3. ribs1

Hi Fellas, The RO unit is close to the basement ceiling. The tank is mounted just beneath the unit. Both are high up on the wall. It is not far to the sink cabinet and up to the faucet. It is likely that the problem is just that I am not used to these things. I have never owned one before...
  4. ribs1

The unit is on a shelf high on the wall in my basement pretty close to the ceiling directly under the sink cabinet. I didn't really have much room in the sink cabinet because I have a large apron front sink. I could have gotten it in there though.
  5. ribs1

I don't know how much water should come through a 1/4 inch tube. I don't really know how to measure my pressure. I guess I could look at the pressure gauge by my well pressure tank? Should I change this whole thing to 3/8" tube and fittings?
  6. ribs1

Hey guys, I just finished having a reverse osmosis system installed as part of my new kitchen project. I bought a black and white unit from pure water products in texas with a permeate pump. Everything is working now but I think the flow rate is too low. I have never had one of these...
  7. ribs1

Fleck 2500 control valve and help with softener maintenance

I appreciate the sentiment. In fact, if I was one of you guys and knew how to rebuild this thing, I might. However, hiring it done would probably cost almost as much as a whole new system when you factor in new resin, rebuild the valve, new metered control etc. Also, I think this is a 1.5...
  8. ribs1

I don't think I will be rebuilding this softener right now. I think it's time for a modern system. I might however think about cleaning it up and converting to an iron filter later.
  9. ribs1

I figured it was an old one. I don't think I will rebuild this thing though for a couple reasons. 1. I don't know how (although I'm sure I could figure it out, or get someone to do it) 2. I think my softener is undersized. 3. I really want a metered valve unit. My house was built in 1980...
  10. ribs1

Thanks Guys, I figured out how to manually regenerate. I poured the iron out solution into the part of the brine tank where the float is. Was that the right thing to do? Thanks
  11. ribs1

Hello Fellow, I still haven't bought a new softener yet because of too many other projects right now. I would like to do some maintenance on my existing softener to try and get a few more months out of it. I don't really know how to manually regenerate this softener as I can't find a manual...
  12. ribs1

Please help with water softener sizing

Thanks for all the information guys. I'm planning to buy from Ohio Pure Water. Anyone have any better recommendations? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post. Thanks
  13. ribs1

Hi Fellas, Sorry to bring back this old thread. Still haven't bought the new softener. Wife decided we needed new windows first. Anyway, I am wondering if I can get a few more questions answered. 1. To Gary, You recommended a 2.5 cuft softener. When I plug the numbers into the chart on your...
  14. ribs1

Wondering what size Filox filter I would need should I choose to go this route. Also, with only 2ppm iron, how often would I have to backwash the iron filter?
  15. ribs1

Thanks for the advice fellas, I have a few more questions. 1. Can I run a line that comes off between the iron filter and softener? The reason I ask is that I would like to run a hose bib outside for filling an inflatable pool for my kids. No reason to use soft water for this, but getting the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks