Recent content by rharrington

1. R

Condensate draining

So I should get a condensate pump, and then just tap it into the cast iron sewer pipe? Do I need to install a trap for that, or just punch a hole big enough for the tube from the pump to fit in and then seal it off with caulk?
  2. R

Condensate draining

More info I don't have a place to gravity drain it, and my wahing machine is on the 1st floor. Does this mean I am going to have to cut into the cast iron pipe and install a drain trap, etc?
  3. R

Condensate draining

I am going to be installing a weil-mclain ultra-80 gas boiler and have worked out all the issues except how to deal with the condensate. I have a 1920's twin with cast iron DWV and no drain in the basement. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the condensate from the boiler? Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks