Recent content by RGS

1. RGS

Inrush Question: Shallow well jet vs deep well submersible pumps

Thanks very much, Fitter30. And also for the link. Looks like the Yamaha will do the job.
  2. RGS

Thanks very much, Reach4. Very helpful. Re the well width, the quote says they will use 6" casing.
  3. RGS

I've been getting water from a spring via a brook for years with a 1/2 HP shallow well jet pump. Now having to drill a well and switch to a 1/2 deep well jet pump. Depth will probably be about 140'. I'm wondering if there will be much difference between the shallow well and the deep well pumps...
  4. RGS

New water heater came with some water in it

Thought this but wasnt' sure. Thanks to everyone on this question. Very much appreciate it.
  5. RGS

New water heater came with some water in it

Bought a new electric water heater recently from Home Hardware and haven't taken it out of the carton yet because when moving it onto the back porch I could hear water sloshing around inside. Is this normal that new water heaters come with water already in them? It's still sealed in the carton...
  6. RGS

Shallow Well Jet Pump and Long Run

Thanks very much. Yes, a submersible would certainly work but I'm not sure how to keep it out of the sand and silt at the bottom of the crock. Also although the crock is about 6' in diameter the water only sits about 4' deep in it. Always seems to be full of water.
  7. RGS

Shallow Well Jet Pump and Long Run

I have a shallow well jet pump in my cellar bringing water to the house through a 1 1/4" line of PVC from a brook. The rise from the brook to the cellar is about 15' and the total distance is about 225', the last 100' or so being level. It's working fine but I'd like raise the pump to ground...
  8. RGS

Another question: generator power necessary for 1/2 hp pump jet pump

I thought you all might be interested in this. Had my electrician install a separate duplex plug for my pump and another duplex plug from the input box outside for generator power so I could switch the pump over if the power went out - yes, I know a transfer switch is cleaner but it and the...
  9. RGS

DonL. That first photo looks pretty simple and effective. I may give it a try. I'm thinking if I gave it a plywood bottom the weight of the generator should keep it from taking off. Yes, WorthFlorida, I saw that Gentent online but it's awfully expensive, especially in our little Canadian...
  10. RGS

Interesting that Hurricane Matthew missed you in south Florida and sideswiped us at the other end of the eastern seaboard in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. Sunday night was strong winds and torrential rain, millions of dollars worth of damage in some places, but by Wednesday, it was sunny and calm...
  11. RGS

Well, after going back and forth quite a bit, I went with the Yamaha EF3000iseb. It's rather heavy at 150 lbs empty and I won't be moving it very far (nothing but grass around my place), that's for sure, but it should do the job and provide some extra power, I hope, for the fridge, computer and...
  12. RGS

Good suggestion, WorthFlorida. At this point I'm leaning towards the Honda EU1000i with the Eu1000i Companion. 3,200 watts continuous and 4,000 watts surge when running in parallel. Yes, and the downhill from 67 to 79 gets even steeper. I'd rather make two trips with two 50 pound...
  13. RGS

Thanks for the warning. I'm sure it's true but as I understand, the eu2000 is designed to be run in parallel according to Honda.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks