Recent content by RGJ

1. R

Black Water Mystery

My preference is to replace only the resin media and not the activated carbon. The goal is to see if that arrangement would stop the issue of grey water entering the house with each regeneration, and continue to soften the water. I am surprised to learn carbon is needed at a minimum since iron...
  2. R

Black Water Mystery

What thoughts are there on replacing only the resin and neglecting the activated carbon and the Redox? Will the softener still work?
  3. R

Black Water Mystery

Thank you both for your comments. The spec. from manufacturer for their 950 model is 4 lb. Redox media, 0.25 CF activated carbon, and 0.70 CF Super Fine Mesh Resin. It's strange but for another WaterBoss 950 unit I changed out the media using the company's recommendations and I think I recall...
  4. R

Black Water Mystery

I have been plagued with black or grey water appearing frequently in toilets and sinks generally following regeneration of a water softener. It's a Water Boss 950. I am assuming somehow the activated carbon is exiting the resin tank and entering the piping for the house water system. It...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks