Recent content by Rexles

1. Rexles

Sink drain problem

That fitting is leaded in to a hub on the cast iron pipe. If you want to take it out dig out the lead or drill it out. Under the lead is oakum, a rope type packing.
  2. Rexles

new dishwasher not draining?

Maybe the drain is kinked behind the dishwasher where you can't see it. Pull off the kick panel on the bottom of the dishwasher and see if you can see anthing kinked.
  3. Rexles

Water backing up into basement toilet sewer line.

Pull the basement toilet again and see if there is water standing in the line. If there is, there is still a clog. Run water in Kitchen sink and it should come up in the closet opening on the floor. You may have pushed the previous clog further down the line. If you have a sewer clean out on...
  4. Rexles

Garage drain clogged ( with cement ?)

It looks like the side branch of the tee goes down under where the water level would be. This serves as a trap as well as an oil separator type. Any oil that gets in the basin will float on top of the water and the water flows out the tee as it rises. The bottom of the pipe going horizontal is...
  5. Rexles

Power vent tank blower constantly running

Evidently you failed to read my post correctly. It was fixed when I pulled off the blower assy and sealed it with silicone and screwed it down again with abigger screw that had stripped out. It is running the way it should.
  6. Rexles

You are correct on your sequence, however the blower is controlled by the thermostat and does not shut off until satisfied. The vacuum switch pulls in the gas valve and even if the gas valve does not open the blower continues to run. Tech at BW told me that over the phone and it was also proven...
  7. Rexles

Wiring was simple plug that could only be plugged in one way. It seems the diaphram switch was not being pulled in when blower was running. I removed the blower and remounted it using silicone to seal around the base where it sets on the HW tank. One of the sheet metal screw holes was stripped...
  8. Rexles

I have a Bradford White MI TW 50 gl power vent tank. Blower was making noise and had come apart. Replaced blower assy with factory parts. Plugged in and ran fine. After tank was hot, blower would not shut off. Blower runs even though the burner is not on. 2" PVC vent pipe is not hot to the...
  9. Rexles

Proper disposal of empty propane bottles

I shoot mine full of holes on the target range first before putting in the recycle bin.
  10. Rexles

Sump pump alarm recommendations

Thanks for the replys. I would like to know before the water is up to the top of the crock. I had a Zircon type that layed on the floor that had 2 contact wires that would make a circuit if it got wet but it also gave false alarms. I have a Liberty SJ10 installed as a back up system, but just...
  11. Rexles

Sump pump alarm recommendations

I installed a Zoeller Aquanot Flood Alert a couple weeks ago after a sump pump switch failure and it is constantly giving false alarms so it is now in the trash. Anybody know of a good alarm to put on that works? I do not have a central alarm system, I just need something to notify with an...
  12. Rexles

How to clean main vent?

If you run water down the vent and it is plugged it will fill up with water and flow over. If there is any other drain tied into this vent it could back up into that sink . If you try a water hose have someone on the inside of the house checking all the sinks/tub/toilets to make sure they are...
  13. Rexles

Reporting GPS locations for wells?

A friend of mine told me that the guy drilling his well in NW Ohio has to report the GPS coordinates to the EPA and that the Dept of Homeland Security also has access to this info. Any body out there know why??
  14. Rexles

Capping a T

I see no reason you can not just cap it. I would not do it if it is a drain line, because it may make it harder to get a snake around the tee as it will try to go to the plug/cap. If it water supply ,cap it.
  15. Rexles

Tie in Sump Pit to sewage line as safegaurd?

It is Illegal, but I would put in a check valve incase of a sewage back up and make sure trap always has water in it to keep out the odor
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks