Recent content by residentuma

1. residentuma

DB cable fault?

Interesting--- I'll add that to my list of testing and let you know. thank you!
  2. residentuma

DB cable fault?

It was 20k Ohm setting. I have a cheapo meter off amazon that is basically this model - https://www.amazon.com/AmazonCommercial-Manual-Ranging-Digital-Multimeter/dp/B07VY41YHM/ref=lp_15707471_1_25?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1593097017&sr=1-25 I bought a tester that looks like some kind of tone...
  3. residentuma

DB cable fault?

Yea line leaving house is gray. It's definitely has the thick UF jacket I'll test the voltage tonight at the driveway while it is wired to the panel and on. The ohm readings are what I don't understand - with all wires disconnected (control test if you will), resistance should be infinite yet...
  4. residentuma

DB cable fault?

OK I was able to do the above tests tonight. I'm not sure these are helpful because they all seem to be quite similar +/- 0.5. I put them in a quick excel graph to hopefully explain what I did better. to further clarify, these wires were all connected on the same wire that goes to end of...
  5. residentuma

DB cable fault?

I have about a 150' run of direct bury cable going to the end of the driveway. From what I can tell, it is not in conduit. It was disconnected when I purchased the house. From how it was originally wired (stapled to studs), I assume it has been there since the house was built about 30 yrs ago...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks