Recent content by renaissanceEE

1. renaissanceEE

Encountering cut panel ground wires

loops is short for ground loops. Having a good common ground source is is high importance when you have expensive electronics talking to each other over copper from distant ends of a building. You don't want that ground wire in twisted pair the shield in coax to be a different ground...
  2. renaissanceEE

Encountering cut panel ground wires

If I were to hazard a guess that #4 to the plumbing was the old building ground. A new good grounding source was most likely created when the telcom/computer equipment was installed and the old cut at the clamp to stop any possible loops.
  3. renaissanceEE

Phantom voltage

Brings back memories I first saw the same thing two years ago at a buddy's house. Just picture two Electrical Engineers trying to fix a messed up 3-way in a 100 year old house, puzzling over why we were seeing 38 or so Volts on the red. Then it hit us, DUH it was just induced and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks