Recent content by remster

1. remster

Proper Gaskets for unions on a Watts 9D Backflow

What are the proper gaskets to use for the Unions of a Watts 9D-M3 Backflow Preventer. I want to make sure I have a couple on hand before removing and reinstalling one.
  2. remster

Porch ceiling lighting

Does NEC require a certain type of box round vs rectangle for mounting a light fixture? Would this style box be sufficient? It would mount much cleaner to the side of a rafter then a round box.
  3. remster

Porch ceiling lighting

Where does the NEC require weather proof boxes in damp locations? I know they do for wet. Location, Damp. Locations protected from weather and not subject to saturation with water or other liquids but subject to moderate degrees of moisture. Examples of such locations include partially...
  4. remster

Porch ceiling lighting

I have a question about proper electrical box for damp location. If a light is mounted on 'inside' ceiling of a covered porch, and the wire going to the light is in proper conduit and rated for damp/wet locations (THWN). Is a weatherproof box required if you were to mount a light to one of...
  5. remster

Transition from conduit to romex.

That's my plan, I am just going to do a single 20AMP circuit for now. Its basically for lighting and a receptacle for occasional use.
  6. remster

The foundation is 100 years old so it heavy rains it could get damp, there is a dirt floor in the basement I will not be introducing any more water. That is why I wanted to go with a LB entrance, because it is small and it attaches easily to the 3/4, then out of the top of the LB go up with a...
  7. remster

I went with this method because I do not want any visible conduit outside the house, and the foundation already has a easy pathway to get conduit through. With that being said, how would you tackle it assuming you have 3/4 PVC entering the basement as pictured. Is it OK to run the romex...
  8. remster

I would like to do this as neat as possible is this what are you refering to by using a WP box? Then do the splice within the WP box. Is it OK to have romex run directly into a piece of PVC conduit and down it, without any kind of conector on the end of the conduit. This is an...
  9. remster

What type of waterproof box would have a 3/4 hole in the back? If using a waterproof box, I will be able to splice the romex to the thwn within the box, should I extend a piece of 1/2 PVC conduit out the top of the box and run the romex down into the box, is this allowed?
  10. remster

Thanks, the wire in the conduit will be individual THWN. Out of curiosity, how hard would it be to pull 12/2 UF through 3/4" about 40feet with (2) 90's.
  11. remster

This is a 20 AMP branch circuit that is going to run to a detached garage. The conduit is 3/4, what is the best way to transition from the romex comming from the main panel to the LB. Reduce the LB outlet to 1/2" run the conduit up into a jbox (handybox), then connect the romex to the jbox and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks