Recent content by rednech

1. R

New Shallow Well Can't Get Primed

Well now that's helpful isn't it? All proceedures were followed johnjh2o1.
  2. R

Spoken like a true professional more interested in proving that you shouldn't do it yourself and that you should hire a professional. This is a do it yourself forum. If you're not interested in helping then don't waste people's time. I got the wells working myself and am planning on using them...
  3. R

I figured I'd post the solution to this problem so other DIY'ers could benefit. None of the "professionals" offered anything that was helpful to solving my problems either because they didn't know, didn't care or were more interested in proving that you need to hire a professional instead of...
  4. R

Anyone have any suggestions... or anything I can try. What is the best way to test to see if the well can make water?
  5. R

Just had a thought about this... with my well it's like there's a check valve in the sandpoint allowing water to flow into the ground freely, but not back into the sandpoint. Since I know there's standing water at 9' and there's lots of water flow into my basement sump at 9 - 12 feet (my sump is...
  6. R

Thanks for the reply. There is standing water in the well at 9' below grade which is 5' below the top of my well pipe (I dug a 4' hole to get below the frost line). When I use a utility pump, I can pump all the water out of the well and it will refill back to 9' below grade in a few minutes...
  7. R

Hello again. I installed a check valve right after the elbow on top of the well. Still doing the same thing. It seems like it's just not able to pull any volume of water. I know my check valve is facing the right way (arrow pointing towards pump). I'm getting some water from the well. I know...
  8. R

Forgot the attachment. Here it is. BTW... wondering if I just need a bigger pump. I have a 1/2 horse with a 1 1/4" suction. Is that enough horse to pull from a 2" well pipe?
  9. R

Hello all. New to the forum and new to shallow wells. I live in a very sandy area (all sand). The water table is ~9' below grade (lower in the summer). I pounded 2" galv. pipe with a sandpoint down 17' until it wouldn't move any more. I think I'm on bedrock based on info from a local driller. To...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks