Recent content by Reader90

1. Reader90

No Water Softener loop preinstalled in 2005 home - my options?

Hello, My daughter recently moved to a newer home (2005 build), but there is no preinstalled water softener loop. Plenty of room for water conditioning equipment in garage (water softener + whole home carbon filter). House does have a crawlspace, so I assume the answer is some new plumbing...
  2. Reader90

Las Vegas, Amana Split HVAC System (qty 2), One stopped but now working

Thanks for the response @FIlter30. A couple of comments: 1. I have not measured at the evaporator coils of both units (yet) as not totally easy to get into those based on the connection mechanics to the air handler. 2. My measurements for Delta T where at a) the return grill using a IR...
  3. Reader90

Las Vegas, Amana Split HVAC System (qty 2), One stopped but now working

Hello, Systems: 1. I have two identical systems (Amana-ASXC160601-BA, matched to Alpine A Coil CB60D442107000, and Air Handler/Furnace Amana-AMVC 80905CX). Installed in June 2010. 2. Ducting is in unconditioned attic. 3. Perform maintenance yearly, have systems checked professionally every...
  4. Reader90

Recommendation for water pro in Reno NV?

Hello, Daughter is moving to Reno NV next month and wants to get a similar water softener + whole home water carbon filter + under sink RO system. On city water. Will go with a 1.5 cu ft. Sized system. I have installed 3 such systems using both Fleck/Pentair or Clack valves and both valve...
  5. Reader90

RO TDS Observation and Question

I performed both recommended tasks as outlined by both @Bannerman and @ditttohead. Performing the RO only test produced a TDS reading of 18 as compared to city tap water TDS reading of 519. Looking at the RO tank produced an interesting find for me. I turned the city water into the RO...
  6. Reader90

Thanks for the feedback @Bannerman . I did not look at the tank in any detail. I will look at this during this week as you recommend.
  7. Reader90

** bump ** any feedback or comments from anyone?? Thx!
  8. Reader90

Hello All, Been awhile since I have been on the forum -- lots going on.... Anyway, here is my setup: I have a "5 stage" RO under kitchen sync system. It has 4 Omnipure filters and a typical RO 50 gpd membrane. Stage 1 sediment, Q5605 Stage 2 carbon, Q5621 Stage 3 carbon, Q5621 Stage 4...
  9. Reader90

What is acceptable approach (trade, residential HVAC) to clean condenser coils on outdoor unit.

Not following your comment, but I think I have what I need to be knowledgeable enough when talking to an HVAC contractor for the task. Thanks again for the input!
  10. Reader90

What is acceptable approach (trade, residential HVAC) to clean condenser coils on outdoor unit.

Thanks for the input. These are very old units, ~1996 or so. The units are in "good shape", i.e. no observed coil damage or debris. There is evidence of water hardness (calcium) which can be seen on the outside of unit and other areas next to condenser units caused by irrigation spray...
  11. Reader90

Hello, Background: As part of a neighborhood dispute between two neighbors related to replacing a brick/block wall between two home owner properties. The work to demolish about 30 feet of a 6 ft tall retaining brick/stucco wall had already started. All of this material has been removed. The...
  12. Reader90

Suggestions on a new multimeter?

Thanks for the suggestions!! Focusing on either Klien, Greenlee or Extech at the moment. I think their safety, warranty and pricing options will work well for me. Expanding a bit - As I mentioned, I do have a clamp meter (Extech), but am also looking at a flexible, rogowski coil type...
  13. Reader90

Suggestions on a new multimeter?

Mostly read and post over on the Water Softener board.... Thought I would venture out a bit on this forum... I am looking to buy a new digital multimeter. Besides the obvious best-in-class, i.e. Fluke, any other feedback from others here? Looking online, see lots of APAC (China) devices...
  14. Reader90

5810xtr2 partial setting lost after power loss

** Update ** I ended up talking to Pentair/Fleck tech support and they confirmed the behavior of what I am seeing is not what should be happening, zeroed in on the capacitor approach to store the time/current capacity settings for "up to 8 hours." and that the controller boards have a 5 yr...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks