Recent content by Rdura

1. Rdura

Braided lines outside

Hello, I mounted a Steibel water heater outside due to space constraints and used braided steel supply lines. I'm curious to know how these will weather, and this is not my profession. My area rarely gets to freezing, maybe 3-5 nights per year. The supply lines will have direct sunlight in the...
  2. Rdura

Help identify copper purpose

Assuming I unsolder the elbows, and I cleaned up the ends of the copper, could I simply replace the lower two copper elbows with this valve? My thinking is: all of the existing copper is sized by length to insert into a fitting, and the depth of insert for the 1/2 inch compression valve would be...
  3. Rdura

3/4" main supply, 1/2" pipe to bathroom, but fixture is 3/4"

A good opti0n ... it seems that some of oiled bronze or black items are pricey.
  4. Rdura

I have an external shower plumbed, the only thing missing is the shower arm and shower head. I will be using oiled bronze hansgrohe valve trim. My goal is to make the arm and head look old/weathered as my area is rustic, the architecture is rustic, and I don't want something shiny/interior-ish...
  5. Rdura

Shower curb build, concrete slab

I mounted a Steibel Electron DHC-E heater on my exterior wall. Dimensions are approx 14 high, 8 wide, 4.25 deep. I'd like to cover this heater to help it handle the weather, and, to keep curious eyes next door from looking at it. Looking for advice. I can build a box out of redwood, but am...
  6. Rdura

I think I goofed in thinking the threaded stub is 3/4, the outside diameter exceeded .75 so I incorrectly assumed it's 3/4.
  7. Rdura

My plumber left me a 3/4 inch stub 0ut for the shower head. Am I correct in thinking most shower heads and arms are 1/2 inch, and therefore, I should be looking to purchase a 1/2 shower arm and a 1/2 female to 3/4 male brass fitting.
  8. Rdura

OK ... so starting w/the slab. Thinset slurry, deck mud presloped to drain base. Then on top of this preslope, redgard and laticrete felt at all changes of plane, also redgarded. From there another inch of deck mud going to drain grate. Then thinset, and tile.
  9. Rdura

Shower niche contstruction

Making progress
  10. Rdura

Here is the shower I built. I started with a cement slab and hardibacker.
  11. Rdura

Thank you for this tip
  12. Rdura

I don't think I'll rent it, it's more of a place for a friend or relative to stay. Because of no rental income, I'm trying to save money building it out. Maybe (big maybe) it helps someday with resale value. Thank you for the measurement tip, I will definitely put a caliper on it.
  13. Rdura

Should I be looking to install one of these on the interior wall mounted faucet supply lines. It's a 1/2 in. Compression Inlet x 1/2 in. Compression Outlet Multi-Turn Angle Valve. If I'm lucky I can use those two short pieces of copper once I take them off and clean them up? When all is...
  14. Rdura

Thank you! So for the external plumbing, un-do the welds so that I've got two uncapped copper pipes sticking out of the wall. From there, do the connections to the Stiebel. For the interior, do I (precisely, not much room for error there as everything is in a fixed position) insert some type...
  15. Rdura

My plumber installed interior copper as seen in photo 1, and external copper in photo 2. Internally there will be a sink with a wall mount hot/cold faucet. I'm hoping someone can explain the purpose of the lower 1/4 inch pipes ... do they remain as perhaps a water hammer mitigation design...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks