Recent content by rdjnel59

1. R

Cottage Well Winterization Question

I've got the small tubing and plan to "suck" it out with a small utility pump as a first try. You're the second person to mention blowing air into the pipe to rid the water. How would that rid the water - and where would it go? I asked earlier if just breaking the vacum at the pump would...
  2. R

Thanks again for all the helpful info - means a lot to an IT guy who deals with computers all day. Spent the evening researching pitless adapters and finally get it. So theoretically, I make a 1" (I assume) black pipe T handle pulling tool (5' long or so) screw it into the top of the pitless...
  3. R

I'm sorry, this is all very foreign to me. What would that entail - removing the well cap and doing something to lift the pitless adapter to allow water to run back down the well? Would that process clear the entire well pipe leading from the adapter into the inside of the house? What tools...
  4. R

I would assume there is a foot valve at the bottom but not sure.....so I'm faced with the drill pump method or the T-handle approach is what I'm hearing. Agreed?
  5. R

New poster here and new cottage owner. Been reading all I can here and on other forum about winterizing our new cottage. It's a small place in Indiana with from what I can tell a shallow well with a jet pump located inside the cottage. I'm good with all the tasks of draining lines, pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks