Recent content by RDangerous

1. RDangerous

Sanitary Tee vs. 90 Wye vs. Vent Tee

One Last Followup Thankyou for the link to the PM site. The articles were very informative. You may also do a search for 'air admittance valves' which will return many articles. Apparently, this has been a hot topic for many years in the plumbing community. As you may have gathered, I am a...
  2. RDangerous

Deb, The sump pump is vented normally. Now that I think about it, it may have been possible to vent the sink drain using that vent? I don't know. It certainly would have been much more difficult. I am curious about the discouraged use of the AAV - perhaps you may provide some insight...
  3. RDangerous

Deb, The sink was a late addition to my basement. As a consequence, I did not have drain lines in the floor. Installing them would have required breaking up the concrete. As an alternative, I chose a packaged sump/pump. The sink drains to the ejector pump which pumps up to an overhead...
  4. RDangerous

Thanks for the reply. Thanks for the reply - very helpful.
  5. RDangerous

Downstream from my sink trap I am required to vent the drain - I am accomplishing this with a studor (air emittance) valve. In order to install this valve I must tee into the horizontal line. Which fitting do I use in this instance? I have been told a sanitary tee is not to code but also...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks