Recent content by rbig

1. rbig

newbie well question

Do the well guys who come out neccessarily assume you have a deep enough rat hole? Or do they mount it up the shaft a bit? I'd like to not have them drill. I guess they "pull" the well, and bring the pump out on top.
  2. rbig

newbie well question

I have a 600' well in western NC. When we change filters, it pumps lots of black sand and iron. We get it in our lavatories, toilets, showers, etc. We have a 100 gal accumulator. Does it "fill" the accumulator? Wondering if we need to clean it out, periodically. Is there...
  3. rbig

breaker questions

Yes. I'll check and list those. Thanks for the info.
  4. rbig

breaker questions

I have a Siemans 200 amp panel coming into our house. It gives us 240/120vac. It has 5 blanks. Total of 8 blanks, 3 are occupied. This leaves me 5 blanks. Do I have to use Siemans breakers? Or, can I go to Home Depot or Lowes and get breakers there that will fit this panel...
  5. rbig

Well pump backup. Need help on this project........

We live in South-West North Carolina. Our water well is 1000' deep, with very limited production (1gpm). We have a very large accumulator to help us have houshold water, and it does a good job. Our pump is 3hp, submersible. In case we loose power for three weeks or more...
  6. rbig

when you "drive" a water well........

Thanks! With what you've said here, I should get by on $100 or so, including pitcher pump. Great to know info.
  7. rbig

when you "drive" a water well........

Couple of questions about what happens when you drive a water well: * You can't use pvc pipe in driving water wells, can you? Seems like you chances of splitting pvc would be excessive. Maybe you can risk it using schedule 80 pvc? * When you drive down, how do you know if/when...
  8. rbig

Newbie asking questions about hand pump

I have a sprinkler 2hp pump sitting on the ground, on concrete blocks. It looks like it goes into a 2" line, straight down. There is a check valve at ground level. I would like to have a hand pump, in case power fails. One similar to those sold by HarborFreight. Our well is probably...
  9. rbig

submerged pump

We've lived in our place approx 2 yrs. It was a constructed home, built in '97. Our well is approx 400' deep, and puts out around 1gpm. The pump is submerged. Lately, I've become aware that MAYBE my pump is putting out more "trash" than before. It seems it pumping lots of black...
  10. rbig

question on well clearance

OK. I see allow room for boom truck is the only way to go here. Thanks. Not what I wanted to hear, but was what I needed to know.....
  11. rbig

question on well clearance

We live over in the southwest corner of NC. We have a 400-600' deep well, with pump on bottom. In all situations I used to be around, you needed to be able to back and vertical truck rig in to "pull" the well, for pump replacment, etc. I'm wondering if their is new technology...
  12. rbig

long time problem of church kitchen plumbing

Many thanks for all your thoughts. I hope you've saved us from doing a changeout of the water heater. I'm going through everything and will come up with a list of stuff we need to do to get it cleaned up. I sent an email to our Pastor and have told him we may see some light on...
  13. rbig

long time problem of church kitchen plumbing

We have had a problem with plumbing at sink in our church kitchen for a long time. It seems we sometimes have sulphur smell to our water. Our water is normally very sweet. Our kitchen is is all up to code. We can cook in it. It's taken a bit of time, but we know now that the hot water...
  14. rbig

need advice on using water well

You mention a "Cycle Sensor" and "Cycle Stop Valve". What kind of money doe these normally cost? I'll have one put in immediately
  15. rbig

need advice on using water well

Thanks. You've told me what I need to know: reducing pump cycling is the key to longevity of the submersible pump. And, good description of what's happening to us when either thing occurs.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks