Recent content by Rbemiller

1. Rbemiller

Adding toilet to basement. Will drain line dump a bunch of water/waste when I cut into it?

We're adding a toilet to an unfinished basement bathroom. Fortunately, the bathroom is already plumbed with all water supply and drain pipes. And we already have an empty pump pit in the basement for an ejector pump. There are also drain and vent pvc pipes that come down next to this pit. So...
  2. Rbemiller

Can you test a shower drain before Installing the shower pan?

Thanks to both of you for confirming and easing my concerns!
  3. Rbemiller

Can you test a shower drain before Installing the shower pan?

I'm aware of the concept of testing an installed shower pan for leaks. However, I'd like to test the PVC drain before I install the pan. I want to make sure water gets down the pipe and through the trap without backing up, before I go through all of the work of installing the pan and drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks