Recent content by raybigto

1. raybigto

TOTO Doesn't Fill After Flushing

Awesome!! Thank you so much Rugged. :)
  2. raybigto

TOTO Doesn't Fill After Flushing

Hi All, I installed a TOTO toilet 1 year ago and it has been great until recently it doesn't fill after flushing. Often I have to life the lid and pust the "blue thing" until it reacts and starts filling again. Is this a cheap fix or do I have to replace the entire fill valve assemble...
  3. raybigto

Glued Pipe to Cast Iron?

after cut I just finished cutting the cast iron w/ reciprical masonary blade and wax and the two vents w/ circular masonary blade. I have to say that the circular saw was much easier. I used some rope to support the piping to prevent it from falling after cutting. The cast iron weighs so...
  4. raybigto

Glued Pipe to Cast Iron?

Thanks Cass, just finished cutting point 2, I'll keep updates for anyone who's following. Just realized that the slanted tub vent will block the way for the new tub. The old one had a gap that hid it. Also, the tub trap is connected to galvanized straight 1.5" pipe.. I'll be curious to see how...
  5. raybigto

LASIK eye surgery

Dead doctor That's scary. To be rich and dead. I had Lasik 7 years ago and I still sometimes push my invisible glasses up. Sometime my eyes tear up and sting, but I'm not sure if that's from lasik or signs of aging (dad has glaucoma). I used a doctor in New Mexico (1 of 50 best...
  6. raybigto

Glued Pipe to Cast Iron?

Tub p-trap question If I started ABS from point 2, is the p-trap done the same way as the sink with a slip nut? Otherwise I would have to VERY precise with the plastic measurements and cutting to get center for the tub drain. Thanks for helping me put reason above the emotions to get this...
  7. raybigto

Glued Pipe to Cast Iron?

Got it out! With some heat I got the bronze pipe out. It was actually taped with masking tape and plummer puttied! Wow.... I cleaned out the threads with a wire brush and can got about normally. Just in time, the weekend is here! Time to close out this project. Thanks all! p.s. I'm...
  8. raybigto

Chrome Drain Pipe to Cast Iron

"t" for those following, I've decided to remove the T and replace with ABS and connect to the Vent above and Cast Iron below. Then attach a marvel fitting... Thanks all for your help.. I probably wouldn't have had the guts to do this without your input. p.s. the 1.5" chrome is indeed...
  9. raybigto

Thanks! I posted a diagram at my other post. Both the sink drain and bathtub drain tie in and connect to a main 2"... Thanks for all your comments. Here's the link... https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11904
  10. raybigto

Glued Pipe to Cast Iron?

Cut close up Here's a close up of the planned cut location #2.... Last check before it's a done deal <deep breath>.
  11. raybigto

Glued Pipe to Cast Iron?

Thanks! Thanks for the replies guys. I drew up a diagram showing different points I'm considering cutting. It seems cutting at location 2, 3 and 4 would allow me to fill in with PVC (banded coupling at each). Adding a clean out at location 1 is a great idea (thanks for the tip). The 2"...
  12. raybigto

In redoing our bathroom, I found a chrome 1.5" pipe connected to cast iron. Is there a fitting out there to connect the chrome to pvc? Or is it best for me to remove the chrome piece? The chrome pipe was previously hack sawed and has some wrench marks and slight indentations... Originally...
  13. raybigto

Glued Pipe to Cast Iron?

Another angle (photo) Here's another photo with a different angle.... Hope I don't have to redo the cast iron section.
  14. raybigto

Glued Pipe to Cast Iron?

Hi Everyone, This will be my first post here. This forum is awesome. Here goes.... In removing the old tub at home, I found the tub drain connection "glued" to the p-trap. The photo shows the threading on the p-trap wasn't used to connect the brass/crome pipe. It was "glue" instead. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks