Recent content by Raeiken

1. Raeiken

1 1/2 inch yellow gas pipe

This is Polyethylene This pipe is only about 6 years old. As I mentioned I have had problems with leaking on both ends of this ( at meter and where it goes into pool equipment) Luckily both of these connections are outside. Remeber this pipe is being used after the meter, so it is at very...
  2. Raeiken

1 1/2 inch yellow gas pipe

I have 1 1/2 inch yellow gas pipe running about 80 ft from the meter to a 400K pool heater. At both ends there is a metal compression fitting which transitions to metal pipe. I have had leaks over the years in both of these fittings. Are there newer type compression fittings available for...
  3. Raeiken

Fernco Donut

I think I know why it's way off After reading through some other posts, I looked at the cast iron and it is stamped XH, so it looks like it requires a different donut. I'll look and see if I can get one. Thanks, Ron
  4. Raeiken

Fernco Donut

Way Off The directions on the Fernco say to insert the plastic through the donut and then lubricate and insert into the hub. Either way this is way too small. It isn't just a little loose, it can be put in and out without touching the sides of the hub. The 4" donut and castiron work but...
  5. Raeiken

Fernco Donut

I need to connect some PVC to castiron. The castiron is 4" and the hubs were sealed with a rubber gasket. After pulling out the existing CI and the rubber seal, I used a Fernco PlumbQwik connector to put in 4" PVC. The connection seemed tight, although it could have been tighter. I decided...
  6. Raeiken

Busting Concrete and replacing Cast Iron

T on it's back Currently the toilet is connected with castiron using a 4" T in the main drain line. The toilet flushes directly down into this. Is this something that should not be done. I don't really want to change the main 4" pipe so that it is not a straight line. -Ron
  7. Raeiken

Busting Concrete and replacing Cast Iron

I had posted this over at John Bridge, but I thought I would post here since it involves plumbing, tiling will be later. I finished busting up concrete ( remind me not to do that again! ). Actually it wasn't that bad once I got the hang of it. I rented a Hilti and it went pretty well. It...
  8. Raeiken

Continually clogging kitchen faucet

Deciding I haven't noticed any problems with running out of hot water. This is a 75 gallon hot water heater. It is at least 10 years old, because that is how long we have been in the house. I may look into a dip tube, or I might just replace it given that it is at least 10 years old. I...
  9. Raeiken

No Dissolve I put the crud in Vinegar but it didn't dissolve. What does that tell me?
  10. Raeiken

Vinegar I am going to be out of town the next few days, but when I get back there should be some more crud in the faucet, and I will put in vinegar and see what happens.
  11. Raeiken

Water Heater Crud Looks like that was a good call on the water heater crud. I opened up the valve on the bottom into a five gallon bucket. It took a second to get going, and then a lot of the same crud that I have seen in the faucet came out. I drained about 10 buckets and was still...
  12. Raeiken

My kitchen sink faucet keeps getting clogged with some sort of small white chunks. When I clean them out, I can smash them between my fingers. It only takes a day or two until the water flow is greatly diminished again. Any ideas of where I should start looking, or what this may be? My...
  13. Raeiken

Brass Nipples

Thanks Thanks for all the quick advice. With these suggestions, I'm sure I can get something to work. -Ron
  14. Raeiken

Brass Nipples

In between I think I need about 2 1/4. The nipple that is in is a little short and I think a 1/2" more will be too much, but I will give it a try. Those Hansgrohe body sprays, really don't give you much lattitude. -Ron
  15. Raeiken

Brass Nipples

Can I use Galvanized Thanks for the reply. I know I don't want to mix copper and galvanized, but can I mix brass and galvanized. Hime deopt will cut galvanized to any length. Thanks, Ron
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks