Recent content by Qutrit

1. Qutrit

Pentair fleck 5800 XTR2 no-flow alert

yeah there is definitely a no flow alarm. Went away for another week and it was beeping on arrival. I will try turning that off and see
  2. Qutrit

Pentair fleck 5800 XTR2 no-flow alert

Hello, every time I go away (whether I shut off the water or not) for more than a week the softener starts playing an alarm (intermitent sound) and displays a warning window. If left like that for about 3 weeks the softener becomes unresponsive and needs to be hard reset. Is there any way to...
  3. Qutrit

Uneven salt distribution in brine tank

Thanks! so you don't suspect this is a salt bridge?
  4. Qutrit

It happens every time it does the renewal cycle. perhaps I should be more thorough breaking it then
  5. Qutrit

Hello, Just wondering if this is normal after every renewing cycle of my softener. The salt is only being spent close to the brine tower. I typically redistribute it with a spoon but I was wondering if this is normal and even if i can leave it on its own until need to add more salt. this...
  6. Qutrit

Pentair fleck 5800 XTR2 won’t start (help!)

Hello, I went away for three weeks (shut off water) and now that I’m back the screen of my softener controller is black abs won’t turn on. Power cycling does nothing to it. Any idea what I can try? Thanks a lot in advance!
  7. Qutrit

Small hardness leakage for the first 2-5 gallons after regeneration

Thank you for the thorough post! It is really educational. The injector is 0.125 gpm. The diameter of the drain line is 3/4 of an inch. it goes basically horizontal for about 5-6 ft until be da towards the drain line where it discharges. I have checked and it may be possible that the hose was...
  8. Qutrit

Thanks for all the comments. Regarding the brine fill, I was told by the retailer that it’s better to avoid formation of salt bridges. They configured it like that. your estimations are good, and the softener does not leak hardness at the very end of the cycle. However, the first 5 gallons...
  9. Qutrit

I just checked this. Yes it looks like the softener is plumbed correctly as per your indication.
  10. Qutrit

Yes sorry, the order of the last two steps is reversed. Backwash first and then the fast rinse. This was a typo. The durations are correct. Do they seem good to you? yes this is a bit of a curiosity since I’m practice it won’t make a difference but I would love to understand what’s going on and...
  11. Qutrit

Untreated water is 34 gpg (very hard indeed). We are talking cold water. The faucet and the softener are not that far away so I would not expect several gallons of water to survive inside those pipes. thanks so much for helping out with this. I am not sure what can provoke this.
  12. Qutrit

If it were that, can that last for something like 2 to 5 gallons after regen? Thanks again!
  13. Qutrit

Hello, I’m observing something really strange: my softener arrives to the end of the regeneration cyclle with no hardness leakage at all (measured at 0 gpg). However after a regeneration cycle, the first 2-5 gallons register 2gpg to fall again to 0 gpg after that remaining as such until end of...
  14. Qutrit

Fleck 5800 turbine not measuring water flow below 0.2gpm (humidifier uses that)

Thank you so much! Good to see that this is normal operation and that I can correct for it accordingly.
  15. Qutrit

Fleck 5800 turbine not measuring water flow below 0.2gpm (humidifier uses that)

Hello, I am having a problem with my softener not registering flow below 0.2gpm. In particular my whole house humidifier is connected to softened water and uses less than that and consumes soft water without it being registered by the Fleck control unit. Is this a defective turbine? or is it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks