Recent content by Qutrit

1. Qutrit

Pros and cons of longer draw/slow rinse, backwash and rapid rinse duration

Thank you so much. This is extremely helpful! I guess I have one last question: what should I do with the backwash and rapid rinse times. Should I leave them at 10min? Or would it be advisable to shorten them a bit? Seriously thank you so much for this.
  2. Qutrit

Thank you so much for your answer I actually asked the installer if they could provide me with the settings for my softener (since I didn’t quite trust the person who installed it and hesitated when he changed the factory default settings) so I was not so surprised when they emailed that screen...
  3. Qutrit

hello! I’m a new softener user and I, finding this forum extremely educational. I‘m having a bit of a hard time reconciling the settings that the technician who installed my water softener set versus the recommended settings the same company recommends for the same model of softener. this is an...
  4. Qutrit

Help with settings Pentair 5800 XTR2

Thanks so much for your reply! It is municipal supply. There was a map of the area indicating the different hardness of water in the different areas and mine was 25 gpg. That is correct, the tank is 9'' diameter and 48'' high. it is Sodium Chloride because the tank is filled with regular...
  5. Qutrit

Help with settings Pentair 5800 XTR2

Hello! I have recently installed a new water softener and and the installer had to replace the controller because of a faulty touchscreen. The problem I have is that I had two different technicians that actually input two different and very different settings for my system and I am a bit...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks