Recent content by quinocampa

1. quinocampa

Stacking Laundry - Plumbing/Venting Question

I have read numerous places to avoid going up as best as you can. I think a short run and metal duct would contribute much better to a clean line. Every home in my edition exits from the crawlspace. I think I can get enough space and clearance for the vent and the plumbing. Strangely, it...
  2. quinocampa

Stacking Laundry - Plumbing/Venting Question

Variation on This Theme Okay, so the image makes sense, but I have a variation. I have a 2x4 wall instead of 2x6. Also, my dryer vent needs to go down into the crawlspace (yes, then over and out). I want to avoid the washer box drain. My only plumbing vent is too far away, so I plan to...
  3. quinocampa

Toilet Flange Rough-in Before Tiling

Toto Soiree Rough In These are comments for posterity: 1. I had about an 11-3/4 rough-in, due to some negligent designing in my brand new bathroom. Nevertheless, I was able to install the Toto Soiree and actually ended up with comfortable clearance between the wall and the tank. I don't...
  4. quinocampa

Jim, Thanks for the reply. It was after 9pm, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find a ring tonight. Lowes and HD were closed, but my local super grocery had a plain ring. The toilet is all connected, and I "christened" it within minutes. Wow, so little water. Unbelievable. The...
  5. quinocampa

Wax Ring Height I am hoping to get my toilet installed tonight. I used a single wax ring, the brand in the photo. It is not only wax, but has the rubber gasket too. At finger tight, I get quite an unreasonable height between the unifit and the floor. What's up with this? Am I supposed to...
  6. quinocampa

Possible Switch to 10" Unifit In case I have to spring for the 10" unifit, is there any market for reselling or trading the 12"? It would be nice if Toto allowed you to choose when ordering the whole toilet. I'd hate to just throw away the 12".
  7. quinocampa

Caulking the Base I am scheduled to take delivery of my Toto Soiree today, and I'm excited. I wrung my hands a good deal between the 1.6 gal still available and the newer 1.28 gal. I got rid of the last toilet due to solid waste stubbornly lingering. I was reassured reading that it still has...
  8. quinocampa

Terry, I saw that Unifit photo in between your and my posts, on a search. It did occur to me that perhaps I could drill alternate holes through it. If I can do that, man, that is the best solution, even if it is a hack. Thank you also for the rapid reply!
  9. quinocampa

Toto Unifit Concerns I set my flange last week. It was about 1/8" tilted off the floor, but once I tightened the screws, it rested on the floor without problem. Now, I want a Toto Soiree. I just got off the phone with a rep, and he said it was proper for the flange's TOP surface to be flush...
  10. quinocampa

Fasteners I'll soon be ready to install my closet flange. I need to know how to attach it to the following floor sandwich: slate tile thinset Ditra thinset self-leveling cement cement board thinset 2 layers of 3/4" OSB Basically, all but the OSB is cement of some kind (except...
  11. quinocampa

Sharkbites and compression, logic??

Hey Redwood, I work for a large player in the pneumatic fittings market. Being familiar with that push-to-connect technology led to much comfort in finding similar products for home plumbing. I saw a great number of negative comments here for the Sharkbite / Gatorbite style, and praise for the...
  12. quinocampa

Leak Testing A Body Spray Supply Tree

I am soon to finish plumbing a shower valve set, including thermostatic valve and diverter, 3 body sprays, a rain shower head, and a hand shower sprayer. I used PEX and quick disconnect fittings everywhere but the body spray tree, due to its complexity. I have three sprays in a typical...
  13. quinocampa

New Drywall Joined with Old Drywall

Gabe, you and Frenchie speak the truth about the shower. Thanks for the advice.
  14. quinocampa

Perhaps I am. A contractor who added a 2nd floor for us had to match an existing ceiling texture when he cut back a floor-to-cathedral-ceiling wall to create the entrance. Certainly we wouldn't have had him tear down the entire cathedral ceiling to match 3 square feet? He did a nice job, so...
  15. quinocampa

I am remodeling a bathroom, and I only removed drywall where necessary. I have new drywall butting against existing walls and ceilings. I need advice on how to finish the joints between new and old. The existing ceiling is textured, and I'm expecially concerned about that area. Specifically, I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks