Recent content by quickstep

1. quickstep

Cannot remove bathtub handles

I have a leaking bathtub faucet and cannot remove the bathtub handles on older Eljer faucets. I have tried just about everything including a puller with no luck. Any ideas? Once I get the handles off what then?
  2. quickstep

Bathroom faucet problem

Trying to repair a leaking bathtub faucet. I think it is a mueller faucet. I got a handle puller and tried it, no luck. Now the center part of the puller is stuck in the screw hole and I can't pull it out (the puller). Ideas?
  3. quickstep

Sewer drain company has broken off its drain snake

The bill The bill was $1,000. What say you
  4. quickstep

I have not received the bill yet.
  5. quickstep

Pictues Pictures of the project. Everything went well
  6. quickstep

Everything went well. I will post pictures when I figure out how to do it.
  7. quickstep

Thanks for the comments. The manager of the sewer cleaning company said pretty much what was said here, if it is a root ball that caused the problem there will be no additional cost. If it is a broken pipe there will be a cost. And if it is a large city pipe the cost could be high. I'll...
  8. quickstep

I have a sewer drain company working on my house sewer drain pipe. They came over and used a power snake at the clean out. After working on it for a while the tech got the snake stuck and subsequently got it kinked and broke it off. This morning they came out to my house but I had gone to...
  9. quickstep

Kitchen faucet copper pipes

I have purchased a new Moen kitchen faucet and the copper pipes at the bottom of the faucet are at a 90 degree angle. Moen said to carefully unroll the pipes. What method is recommended so as not to damage the copper pipes?
  10. quickstep

Leak

hj, it was the one "under the handle" and tightening the nut was a fix.
  11. quickstep

Leak

Geniescience pretty well nailed it. Yes, I did recently fiddle with it and it looks like it has been there quite a while.
  12. quickstep

Leak

My water heater has a shutoff valve that has a leak. The valve has the standard red, circular, metal handle that you turn to open or close and it is leaking by the threads. It has a steady drip. Is it possible to replace the washer or do we replace the whole thing?
  13. quickstep

Dirt?in the water

I checked and cleaned the aerator. The hot water heater is a good lead. how else could dirt get in the water line and not cause the water bill to jump.
  14. quickstep

Dirt?in the water

I have a house that was built in 1965, a ranch style home. I have two large Maple trees in the front yard. OK, when I use the kitchen faucet to fill a pitcher with a water filter in it, a Brita setup, there are several black specs, dirt?, remaining in the bottom. Is it dirt that has gotten...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks