Recent content by quick72toy

1. quick72toy

Sewer pipe liner?

A lot of our sewer systems are a lot different than you have there. During the 1920's, that area was on the outskirts of a rapidly growing segment of the city. During that time, there were a lot of open creeks and streams that provided a place for the rain and stormwater runoff. Many of them...
  2. quick72toy

Sewer pipe liner?

LOL I know, but I guess 100 years ago they thought that was the right thing to do. :-)
  3. quick72toy

Sewer pipe liner?

It is a house sewer. It's a private mutual line that is shared by 4 houses, and runs across the properties, and then dumps into the city main. The liner would only run in the root damaged section.
  4. quick72toy

Sewer pipe liner?

Thanks for all the replies. Thought it was a 6" main, but It ended up being 10" My concern was (as you guys expressed ) they were just cutting corners trying to fit the PVC in, instad of a epoxy sock liner.
  5. quick72toy

Sewer lining material?

Thanks for the reply Terry. The issue was an old clay pipe sewer that had a tree root problem in it. I thought it was a 6" main line and they were going to blow in an epoxy liner. I saw them putting in PVC piping as a liner. it ended up that the main was actually 10" so the went with a 6" PVC...
  6. quick72toy

Sewer pipe liner?

Sorry this is sort of a double post. Is it acceptable to use PVC pipe pushed inside clay pipe as a sewer liner? Thanks
  7. quick72toy

Sewer lining material?

Couple of questions. is there a code on what sewer lining materials have to be? Is it acceptable to use PCV pipe as a liner, if it is pushed inside clay pipe ? If so, what are the downsides to this method vs a blown in epoxy liner? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks