Recent content by quantum

1. quantum

Badly leaking sprinkler heads

The popup is 4". In both cases, water is leaking (pouring out) around the riser where the seal is supposed to be. Its especially bad on the popup which is why (I think) its not popping up all the way. 2 of the new Rainbirds are on a line that is 21 ft and 27ft from the manifold and they are not...
  2. quantum

http://www.jimrohrs.com/leak1_20190616.mp4 http://www.jimrohrs.com/leak2_20190616.mp4
  3. quantum

I have video of both, but too large to upload here. I'll upload to my site and link them.
  4. quantum

Rainbird guts in rainbird body. Seals visually seem ok. I bought them all at Home Depot. Did I happen across a bad batch or do Rainbirds just not hold up to pressue well? Never had this problem before...
  5. quantum

I had to replace a bunch of heads this spring due to damage. I replaced 2 Toro popups and 5 Orbit rotors with Rain Birds. The popups are 1800s and the rotors are 3504s. 2 of the heads (1 popup w/ the strip nozzle, and 1 rotor) leak profusely around the riser. The rotor is the last head on a...
  6. quantum

weird Kohler install problem

True - the Kohler guy said its "part of the manufacturing process" and not to worry about it. Depot gave me no grief at all about replacing it and said they didn't want the defective one back. On a side note - that Fernco rubber toilet seal was REALLY on that horn! I needed a screwdriver to...
  7. quantum

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Kohler tech support. They're going to send me a letter to take to Home Despot ;) to return/exchange it. Who knew the toilet could be such a complicated device. :eek:
  8. quantum

Its definitely not the supply valve itself; the leak is puddling from under the toilet. Besides that fact that its brand new...
  9. quantum

Thanks guys. I did buy it at Home Depot (special order). I shut off the supply last night (on orders of the wife), and this morning there was no puddles. I was thinking about the food coloring idea: maybe put it in the bowl first; see what happens. Then put it in the tank - maybe get a...
  10. quantum

This is my 3rd toilet install in about 3 years: all Kohler, 2nd San Raphael. This is the first time I'm having a problem though. I have a brand new PVC flange sitting on top of the tile nice and neat. The first attempt was with a Fluidmaster wax ring - leaked. Tried again - leaked. Bought a...
  11. quantum

Tub spout question

Thanks - I kind of suspected that.
  12. quantum

Tub spout question

I'm almost done remodeling my main bathroom. One of the things left to do is attach the tub spout. For some reason, I ordered one with threads as opposed to the slip-on type. The copper supply pipe coming out of the wall has no threads. Do I have any other options besides sweating a threaded...
  13. quantum

Problems with Kohler Rite-Temp shower valve

I've done 2 of those in my 2 bathrooms (1 stall, 1 tub) in the last 6 months and they both worked fine out of the box. Can I assume you removed the stop gaskets during the sweating of the connections?
  14. quantum

Sweating in a new K-304 shower valve

Ummm... it was part of "Weekend Update" and they were talking about Dick Cheney's ******* daughter. Basically, about 2 "parts" that when you try to fit them together.....well lets just say it was funnier on TV than my retelling here. ;)
  15. quantum

Sweating in a new K-304 shower valve

Yeah - I figure its a good skill to have for emergencies, so I'm planning to practice once I finish this small bathroom remodel. The other part of the problem was overheating. :o
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks