Recent content by qtrmiler347

1. qtrmiler347

Best plumbing (roof) vent repair kit?

I have seen several on youtube videos. Many of them have the same basic design....a plastic funnel shaped device that goes over top of the existing deteriorated boot. Was wondering if the plastic on these lasts as long under the hot south florida sun as they claim. I wish there was one made...
  2. qtrmiler347

How to remove Kohler cover faceplate and lever in shower?

There are no allen head set screws. I'm afraid to start pulling. What holds the levers and cover plate in place? I need to remove them to see if I can detect a water leak or high moisture in the hole in the wall behind the cover faceplate. Thanks.
  3. qtrmiler347

Please recommend a moisture detection tool.........

I am probably going to buy one, since an expert is a few hundred dollars to come out anyway on a one-time deal. I believe it's one of those things that's good to have and use occasionally for peace of mind.
  4. qtrmiler347

Vessel Faucet Hose - Where to buy locally?

I have one of these made in China Vessel Faucets and the hose, at the factory crimp (end with the two o-rings) is leaking, so the hose is garbage. I have found them on E_b_a_y and other non-local sources, but I would like to go somewhere and buy it locally in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale FL area...
  5. qtrmiler347

Better solution for tank bolt leaks for Toto toilet?

I guess I will find out if it dissolves the rubber gasket. What's done is done. I have another one just in case.
  6. qtrmiler347

Follow up: Sandwiched the tank with rubber washers (as in picture above but used rubber washers on both sides of the tank just to be extra sure). Put vaseline on the tank-to-bowl gasket so that it would slide as opposed to tear (the guys who installed the toilet originally managed to tear...
  7. qtrmiler347

Will look at that as well. Thanks for the suggestions.
  8. qtrmiler347

Could not find it in a search here. Was at the plumbing supplier buying a new tank-to-bowl seal for my Toto Drake, and a guy recommended I sandwich the small tank holes with a rubber gasket on each side of the hole (along with nut and stainless washer to crush the rubber seals), and then...
  9. qtrmiler347

Toto Drake - Got the dreaded tank-to-bowl leak

The instructions are long gone. These toilets were just put in by the bathroom guy we had doing renovations before we moved in. On the tightness, I presume it's not very firm using the position on the wrench that would provide the least leverage?
  10. qtrmiler347

Toto Drake - Got the dreaded tank-to-bowl leak

I saw a bunch of threads about sanding around the bolt holes in the tank with emory cloth. 1. What grit/roughness sandpaper is a good number to buy for this? 2. Also, if I want to re-install with new bolt seals, can I get anything decent from Home Depot or Lowe's? 3...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks