Recent content by qpm

1. qpm

Perforated PVC Pipe

Not sure if this the right forum to ask this but thought I'd give it a shot. I discovered a perforated 4-inch PVC pipe sticking vertically out of the ground in a wooded area in the back of my property. It is about 5 feet out of the ground and appears to be fairly solidly placed. I haven’t...
  2. qpm

Help with Water Softener Discharge Point

I already plumbed the softener supply lines down in the crawl space and I really don’t have room for it elsewhere anyway. I’m in a somewhat small cabin and want to utilize all the livable space I can. Akpsdvan, your point about a drain in the crawl space being the lowest point is well taken...
  3. qpm

Well Pressure Tank Problems - HELP!

Ok, all is working now. Thanks cacher_chick. So the broken cotter pin was part of the problem but also the inlet pipe and the base of the switch were clogged with sediment. I cleaned up and the pressure switch worked just fine.
  4. qpm

The softner is 1.5 cuft. I decided not to go to the kitchen sink air gap because it goes to a garbage disposal and worried the salty discharge water will end up rusting the disposal. The kitchen or bathroom sink are the nearest plumbing fixtures above the water softner in the crawl space that...
  5. qpm

Thank you for the information. I took a closer look at my pressure switch and noticed one of the very small cotter pins had broke off that holds the connectors that press against the red wiring (as shown on your pic) when the pressure drops. I may use a piece of wire in the mean time to hold...
  6. qpm

Ok, so there shouldn’t be any pressure reading on the gauge when the tank is empty of water, correct? It sounds like I need to adjust my pressure switch to shut off the pump once the water pressure is higher (~30-40). I still don’t get why the pressure is going to zero and pump won’t turn back...
  7. qpm

I moved my well pressure tank down into my crawl space and now having issues with pressure. The pressure reads zero with the tank empty. It is a bladder style tank so I thought it should read a pressure even with no water in the tank (could be completely wrong here). When I turn on the pump...
  8. qpm

Fleck 2510 Salt Dose

Thanks Bob. I probably would have never figured that out. On the Fleck 5600 it looks like there is an actual salt dose setting on the back of the controller. I thought there might be a similar setting for the 2510. Guess not. It appears page 7 and 8 of the manual have the same exact print as...
  9. qpm

Fleck 2510 Salt Dose

The above attached document is the manual I mentioned having. I do not see anywhere that shows how to set your salt dose or efficiency in the manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  10. qpm

Fleck 2510 Salt Dose

Where do you adjust the salt dose on a Fleck 2510? This is the standard model not the digital SE or STX models. It does not mention how to adjust salt setting in the owners manual and I have only found info on how to adjust the 5600 salt setting online. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  11. qpm

First floor about 4 -5 feet above base of crawl space. Laundary box on second floor, would be about 17 feet from base of crawl or about 13 feet from first floor. The discharge point off softner is about 1 foot below the first floor; the softner is partially buried in the crawl. Located in...
  12. qpm

I am in the process of installing a water softener and trying to figure out a good discharge point for the waste water. I am installing the softener in my crawl space. My laundry area is on the second floor so routing the discharge line there is not an option, or at least not one I want to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks