Recent content by Pumper

1. Pumper

How to transfer & pressurize very low volume of water from a 2,500 rain water tank

This might work perfectly. Comments please? https://www.homedepot.com/p/TALLAS-3-4-HP-115-Volt-Pressure-Switch-Controlled-Shallow-Well-18-L-Tank-Jet-Pump-D-BOOST-1100-45-115-120V-60Hz/310259923
  2. Pumper

How to transfer & pressurize very low volume of water from a 2,500 rain water tank

I agree, only need a very small tank. Thanks for the info, I'll check them out.
  3. Pumper

The tank is a your typical Norwesco rainwater collection tank. I have a 305 gal. under one gutter (left side) I'll link up to the new tank under the right gutter. The tanks have a 2" drain at the bottom and a 16" manhole screw on cover at the top. My fogger will hang in the rafters at about...
  4. Pumper

Is your pump an on demand pump? Again, I'm talking a max of 1 qt./minute and as low as 1/2 pt., all depends on my cooling needs at the time.
  5. Pumper

Trying to set up a 3,000 gal. water tank system collecting rainwater off 2 gutters. Goal is to collect and transfer rainwater to 10 gph Aquafog, a greenhouse cooling fogging fan that will be mounted high in the rafters. Any ideas? Seems I need to run a line with a on demand pump to a small...
  6. Pumper

Is 5 gpm sufficient to support 20-acre ranch and home with irrigation for pastures?

A SQE pump will help but obviously he needs to store and then draw from a high volume storage water tank. Like you my emitters were low volume = 1/2 gpm on 6' centers.
  7. Pumper

Is 5 gpm sufficient to support 20-acre ranch and home with irrigation for pastures?

No way. I'd go with at least 15 gpm, more like 22. I have a farm and irrigated Xmas trees with 2 miles of pipe/emitters. Pump was a Grundfos 22SQ-10-190 on a relay switch and Toro Controller.
  8. Pumper

Grunfos SQE 301 system fluctuating between good flow, none, back to good flow

Grundfos is a great company that fixes products as required. Ya can't say that about all of them. After many communications with locals and internet service companies, the CSV is not my cup of tea. Too much back pressure stress is put on the pump, it's check valves, etc. Running a big pump...
  9. Pumper

Was installed in the winter of 2004. Apparently the latest CU301 is version 7. Word is the older versions (before they built in a 70PSI limit) was blowing out homes with pressures up to 100-120 PSI.
  10. Pumper

Thanks for your input fellas. Never heard of tin whiskers. 10mm? That's like 1/2" long. :eek: I'd like to change out the plumbing and equipment and go with your system which includes the 40/60 pressure switch. Kicker is that would take all day versus changing out everything including the...
  11. Pumper

Hi, first post. I have a Grundfos 22SQE10-180 pump in a 205' deep well set at 120'. Static water level is about 30'. Well has never gone dry. Pump has been going strong going on 15 years come December, which I assume is a good life. Recently the flow has been erratic. About 2 weeks ago the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks