Recent content by psumichael

1. psumichael

Typical Difference in Hot Water and Cold Water Pressure

Thanks for all the responses! I read you guys on the potential differences in piping layouts/sizes but there are two reasons I believe that's not the issue: 1) the water heater is right by the water inlet into the house and 2) I don't believe the issue with low hot water flow (and low...
  2. psumichael

The end result of all this, and why I care, is that the water pressure in the shower is reduced. Lots of folks care about water pressure in the shower. :)
  3. psumichael

Thanks! I wouldn't expect the hot and cold flow to be identical but I was expecting flow rate to be within say 10% of each other. What % difference would you consider "normal?"
  4. psumichael

Thanks for the reply, Gary. I checked the cold water shutoff valve. It's a brand new gate valve I soldered in. Actually took that whole section of piping off yesterday to check that there wasn't an obstruction in it (like excess solder). It looked good. That's what has me asking about the...
  5. psumichael

Hi all, I just installed a new Whirlpool electric water heater in my house. The hot water pressure is lower than the cold water pressure. To test/quantify the difference I filled a 2.5 quart pot with the kitchen faucet. Full cold it took 21 seconds. Full hot it took 26 seconds. So it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks