Recent content by Psjr56

1. Psjr56

Need to tie in washer drain to main line

Sounds like you need a real plumber. This one is over your head literally.
  2. Psjr56

Hole in Copper

You have a point there HJ. I think they would make you think if you were trying to drive a nail or a screw.
  3. Psjr56

Who runs more plastic than copper nowadays?

Guy at work had to replace his copper with CPVC because his well water kept making pinholes in the pipe.
  4. Psjr56

Clear solder from brass fitting

Is there a brand of flux and solder that is better than most? As far as soldering goes I heat the fitting until I see the flux start to boil then hit the joint with solder until it starts to flow. Definitely takes practice to get good at it. I don't do it for a living so if I get good flow...
  5. Psjr56

Hole in Copper

I thought the same thing. He saw the one for the Hot but the cold was obstructed but commons sense should have kicked in. No nail plates at all. Guess the builder didn't want to put out the 30 cents a piece for them.
  6. Psjr56

Hole in Copper

I was installing a new electrical line to a garbage disposal and my son cut out the old shelf under the sink because the particle board turned back into particle. While drilling a hole to put up a ledger across the wall to carry the new shelf guess what he drilled into!!!! Any how, what are the...
  7. Psjr56

Switch location for Disposal

The electrician told me it was code in our area since 2011. I may still try and put the switch in the wall but fishing a wire in a wall with insulation is a pain.
  8. Psjr56

Talked to a friend who is a licensed electrician who I haven't seen in a while and he said it has to be on a GFCI in our area. They make combo receptacle/switch/GFCI that I'll use and put it in the cabinet under the sink. He also said it has to have a cord on it too. Thanks for all the replies.
  9. Psjr56

Thanks for the replies. I bought the insinkerator cord now I need a 20 amp line and a switch in the cabinet. If it were a new kitchen install I'd put it on the wall.
  10. Psjr56

How close to the sink can you put the switch for a garbage disposal? Is it ok to put it in the cabinet under the sink. I searched here and a electrical form but couldn't find the answer.
  11. Psjr56

Kitchen Sink Shutoff Valves

thanks for the replies so far. I was thinking 1/4 turn with compression fittings. Only place I've seen flare fittings used was either oil heater fuel line or on car fuel & brake lines.
  12. Psjr56

Terry, What are compression stops? Is this the type of valve (e.g. ball valve) or the fittings to connect with. Never heard the term compression stop.
  13. Psjr56

What is your preferred type of shut off valve for under a kitchen sink. Have to help my future son-in-law put in a new faucet and the cold shut off is seized. I usually go to the local Plumbing supply, stuff at the big box stores looks cheap. Doesn't have to be pretty. We'll also probably use SS...
  14. Psjr56

How to secure black iron at the wall penetration

How about a stubout? Getting the right size one you'll probably need to go to a supply house. You also might want to paint the exposed part.
  15. Psjr56

PEX Tubing Questions

Another question. Is most PEX tubing the same? Is it the ring you put on for the Wirsbo or is it a special tubing?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks