Recent content by Profound-Tingle-Reoccur

1. Profound-Tingle-Reoccur

Connecting an HVAC condensate line to cleanout

OK, thanks for all of the feedback. I'm hoping to fix this ASAP as it's clear that my current setup is not at all to code. Here's a rough mock-up of what I have planned. I bought a Little Giant VCMX-20ULST condensate pump to pump the HVAC condensate one room over and connect it to my bathroom...
  2. Profound-Tingle-Reoccur

OK, slight change to a simpler approach. Would it work if I installed a dishwasher wye in the middle of the 1 1/2" vertical ABS, then connect the vinyl pump outlet tube using a universal dishwasher branch connector?
  3. Profound-Tingle-Reoccur

Ok great, thanks for all of the responses. So if I have this straight I should remove the trap adaptor & cut out a portion of the vertical ABS. Then install a branch tailpiece it it's place, such as this one, and install a new trap adaptor below it. Now in regards to connecting the tube...
  4. Profound-Tingle-Reoccur

That solution might actually be easier as it's just a sheet of drywall between the bathroom and the utility room and there seems to be lots of room above the trap to add in a branch tee.
  5. Profound-Tingle-Reoccur

Ok great, I do have a laundry room nearby. So the best option may be to cap the cleanout, then add in a condensate pump and run the drain line through the ceiling and connect it to the drain in the washing machine box? Picture of a dual waste on washer added by Terry Love
  6. Profound-Tingle-Reoccur

Currently, my HVAC condensate line is connected directly through a hole drilled into the top of a plumbing cleanout in my utility room. I hadn't had any issues with this setup until recently when I had a small amount of water backup. I think this connection was the source of the water and that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks