Recent content by price914

1. price914

Kitchen faucet/pipe noise

If by spray you mean the spray handle, we do use that. Not sure what you mean by activate. If is loose pipes in the wall, what the heck do we do, if anything?
  2. price914

Kitchen faucet/pipe noise

I've searched the forum and can't find a problem like this. We just had a new faucet installed. 80% of the time when we turn the water on, it (or the pipe) makes a clunking noise for a second, and the water kind of skips a beat, then it's fine. Should we be fixing something, or is this normal...
  3. price914

Kitchen sink/counter top replacement

Steve - We just did this in our new house - ripped out nasty white formica and went with corian from HD (in Seattle). Also chose a corian sink, so it's all one piece. Paid extra for the seamless backsplash, which is SWEET. Nowhere for gross stuff to hide now. Also signed up for a HD credit...
  4. price914

Moldy Closets

I'd just as soon avoid the whole insurance thing. It will cost $1500 to repair the roof (adding metal flashing to 2 valleys) and our inspector said he would split the cost (covering his a** I think). Of course, it is raining today. :( Does anyone happen to know a reputable company to take...
  5. price914

Moldy Closets

After a recent rainy spell here in Seattle, we discovered a leak from the roof letting water into two hall closets. Repairs to the roof are scheduled, and hopefully the hot weather is drying out the closet AND the ants the wet brought. NOW we see there is some kind of funk growing in the...
  6. price914

No current dishwasher/disposal - want to install

We live in Seattle - not sure what the code is here. We do have the floor to counter clearance, as well as the proper depth for the 18" model, so I guess it's a matter of figuring out what cutting into the cabinet will do to the countertop. I'd assume once we installed a new sidewall, it would...
  7. price914

No current dishwasher/disposal - want to install

We'd like to install an 18" GE Spacesaver and a disposal in our tiny new kitchen which currently has neither. I have not the first clue how to do this. It would go to the left of the sink, which means we'd have to cut out a third of the cabinet that's there. I assume we then have to build a...
  8. price914

Cost to install icemaker

Thanks for the help! It's nice to know it's not a huge job - this is our first house so we're learning all kinds of things!
  9. price914

Cost to install icemaker

Oy. Since most of what you just said was Greek to me, (and my husband is handy, but maybe not THAT handy!), I think it might be better to have a pro do it, which is why I was wondering about cost. As for the pipes freezing, we actually just bought this house, but since it was built in the...
  10. price914

Cost to install icemaker

We're looking to upgrade our frig. The one that will fit has an icemaker, which we don't currently have. We have a galley style kitchen - the sink is across from the frig. How much money are we looking at to install the icemaker line? I'm guessing it would be done in the crawl space? In...
  11. price914

Garage Conversion

There are a ton of places with converted garages, so I know there must not be a requirement to have a garage. Whether or not they actually got a permit is another story. I will check into it.
  12. price914

Garage Conversion

Thank you all for answering our questions. Just wanted some input to see if what we were thinking about was even an option. We do have someone coming out to look at the garage tomorrow morning and hopefully we can get a little more info. As for the garage being removed, there is room for 2...
  13. price914

Garage Conversion

No basement. The garage has a concrete floor, so I'm guessing we'd have to dig up part of it for the toilet drain. The sewer is about 3 feet below and maybe 10-15 away out in the yard. As for the door between rooms, I'm not too worried about shoes, etc. since the garage would become the...
  14. price914

Garage Conversion

Since we don't own it yet, i have no idea about the plumbing, beside having seen the sink and the stacked washer with a hose going into the sink. This is the link to the City website showing the side sewers, for what it's worth. Another question after having seen that - is it normal to have...
  15. price914

Garage Conversion

We're looking at buying a 980 SF house in Seattle that has an attached 520 SF garage that we'd probably convert to living space. It currently only has a stacked washer and dryer that drains into a sink. How hard/expensive would it be to add a half bath (the other bathroom is on the other side...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks