Recent content by prayingmantis287

1. prayingmantis287

Well pump electrical setup

What I mean by a cycle is where the jet pump turns on when the pressure drops to 40psi and shuts off at 60psi. Given that the draw down is approximately 10 gallons for the size of the tank, the well pump needs to pump at least 30 gallons all at once to recover the water level in the cistern...
  2. prayingmantis287

I guess the main reason for doing this is that we actually don't have a problem anymore (knock on wood) which was an almost useless well. Currently, the cistern uses a float switch, but even being tethered as short as it can go it has to fill over three pressure tank cycles worth of water by the...
  3. prayingmantis287

Hopefully this diagram helps visualize it. To have the water fill the cistern and the jet pump fill the pressure tank, I would turn the three way valve to pump directly into the cistern and open the ball valve near the jet pump. To have the water pumped directly to the pressure tank, I would...
  4. prayingmantis287

Awesome, I think this is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks for bearing with me on this. I don't feel comfortable enough tackling it myself, but I think it may help the electrician I hire to understand what I'm trying to achieve. Hope you had a good vacation. Thanks DonL for for all of the...
  5. prayingmantis287

Here is a link to the switch. http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ProductDetail.jsp?partnumber=1288-I&section=41455&minisite=10251 Not sure why the picture only shows a three terminal switch, but it does have 6. No, I haven't moved any terminals around. So if I understand you right, there isn't a...
  6. prayingmantis287

No 8-balls here, but yeah, I'm still trying to figure this out.
  7. prayingmantis287

The well pump is dual voltage running 230V, and the jet pump is also dual voltage running 115V.
  8. prayingmantis287

OK, I think I'm starting to understand what you're saying. I attached a wiring diagram of the DPDT switch below that I'll be using for this. You suggested earlier to bring power to the switch, so I would wire each hot wire to L1 and L2. Let's say A1 and A2 goes to the pressure switch on the tank...
  9. prayingmantis287

Now this is where it shows through that I don't know much about home electrical. I thought a single breaker with a 12-2 line would only able to supply 115(120) volts, and that a double breaker running 12-3 line would be needed to supply a 230(240) volt connection. Are double breakers primarily...
  10. prayingmantis287

I can re-route the 12/3 line that's going to the Pumptec if it's needed.
  11. prayingmantis287

LOL, yeah you can almost see it through the plastic in the picture about 3/4 of the way up. The jet pump is running on 115V. The well pump I believe is running 230V.
  12. prayingmantis287

HJ- Thanks for the plumbing tip. Im not positive, but I think the recovery is sufficient now to revert to a normal setup. When we had the house inspected before purchase, the inspector said he had never seen a setup like that around here. In regards to allowing the well to slowly recover by...
  13. prayingmantis287

Hi guys. There's a bit of a background to what I'm hoping to accomplish, but I'll try to keep it to the point. My wife and I bought a house about a year ago and the 6" casing well was nearly unusable. The well only supplied about 30 gallons per day, so the previous owners installed a 300 gallon...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks