Recent content by PP_

1. PP_

Under slab cast iron and copper pipe detection

Thank you, John! Are there any options to find copper lines under concrete?
  2. PP_

Thank you! Could you comment on the price range for a camera /radio beacon and receiver? Any recommendation for a budget friendly unit? Thanks
  3. PP_

Hi All, For a 1969 home (Nashville, TN), I have Cast Iron sewer line that has occassional issues clogging up. I am in the planning stage of what could be done to replace my CI. In order to get an idea of how the drain pipes are laid out, what "Pipe detectors" can I use in order to trace the...
  4. PP_

Second floor too hot in summer

Thought I will air seal, as it is one of the important steps. My AC unit is about 8 years old and do not want to add another AC for the second floor right now. Would do it if I am not able to address the issues after adding the return ducts. Please note my difference is temp between lower floor...
  5. PP_

Hi Dana, It has been a while, got busy during the last few years. I got started with fixing the air leaks at the lower floor ceiling. Started sealing off with duct mastic where there are connections, plumbing lines, electric fixtures and so on. The way I did is to get cellulose insulation...
  6. PP_

Old 3 handle tub/shower faucet replacement

Thank you, Terry. I was able to get to access the valves through the vanity. Please see the attached image. I wanted to make sure I know the connectors used, before trying to dismantle the old valve system. Is "1" in the image a 1/2 in. copper fitting x MIP Fitting Adapter? What are "2" and "3"...
  7. PP_

Old 3 handle tub/shower faucet replacement

I wanted to change my old 3 handle faucets (I do not see the make) to a newer one without changing the valves. Or, would you guys recommend a complete replacement, including the valves? If I get the stems out, I could post a picture and that would help to identify at least the make. In my...
  8. PP_

Thanks, Dana. The same ducts are used for heating and cooling. I will check whether there are dampers/vanes in the supply trunk. The registers have dampers, do you recommend tweaking them? For the dual port manometers, are there brands/models that are better than the $100 ones. I though I could...
  9. PP_

No, I do not have a basement. My heater/airhandler is in the garage (next to kitchen/living), and my AC unit outside. It is a 1 1/2 level or split level home. Thanks!
  10. PP_

So, your new roof is without a ridge vent? You agreed to modify the existing one? Thanks!
  11. PP_

Thank you, Dana. Quite informative... A lot to go through and digest slowly :) A little bit on the locations of my supply registers. As shown in my attached picture, the supply registers are represented almost in positions as per the drawing (A, B and C second floor registers are towards the...
  12. PP_

Thanks, Dana. Thanks for your reply. When you use a stud bay as a "jump duct", the second floor rooms (the rooms with hot/stagnant air) needs a grille near the ceiling and the other near the floor, correct? Say, the duct opens to a hall that meet the stairs, do you think the air would flow...
  13. PP_

Hi All, I am located in Nashville, TN. Mine is a common problem mostly seen with a little older homes "second floor is hot and uncomfortable in summer", even with A/C running in full blast. My home: Is a 1 1/2 level home (split level). Almost 1700 sq.ft. AC is 3 ton, with a trunk and branch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks