Recent content by powtothemoon

1. powtothemoon

Smelly bathroom; could it be overflow drain marked CLEANOUT?

I wanted to give a minor update, even though we're still very much in the middle of the investigation. After a little bit of delay due to a bad cold/flu and waiting on a couple Amazon deliveries: - We picked up that Tachamor Y201 combustible gas detector, as suggested by Terry above. I couldn't...
  2. powtothemoon

Good to know about the overflow being a typical cleanout. I wondered if that might be the case but I didn't remember seeing it be marked like that before so wasn't sure. I like your idea of covering each fixture. Will do that. Thanks for the additional forum links -- I searched before posting...
  3. powtothemoon

Thank you for the picture and the reply. I will pick up the tape/plastic today and try that. I didn't know those gas detectors existed, I will look for one of those, too. Thanks. Will report back!
  4. powtothemoon

Thanks for responding! Yes, cleanout is below the rim of the tub, where you would expect the overflow to be. Looks just like an overflow, but is marked "cleanout". There is no other overflow in this tub. I will try plugging it today to see if we can isolate it for sure. Yes -- served by city...
  5. powtothemoon

We just bought a 13-year-old condo in the Seattle area. The bathrooms look to be renovated in the past couple years with relatively new fixturing. There is a big soaking tub in the master bath (one of the selling points of the condo for us). Its a big fiberglass bathtub with shower and faucet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks