Recent content by PortlandBill

1. PortlandBill

TOTO WT153M DuoFit In-Wall Toilet Tank - washlet outlet cap jammed

It was a 3/8-inch, 10mm would not fit. I think by first using a 9mm which was too small I destroyed the hex socket. (3/8" is ~9.5mm) In any case the problem is solved. Thanks to $144 splashed out on an Irwin Screw Extractor Kit. It took a 2-foot long socket wrench handle to get the plug to...
  2. PortlandBill

My photo was before. The hex indentation is too rounded now for an Allen key to engage.
  3. PortlandBill

That's exactly my in-wall tank Terry. It's that little outlet on the bottom left. I can't believe how tightly it's sealed up. The thing is it's never been touched; that's how it was delivered. When I was doing the cement board/tiling (I did this myself) I was thinking I should have had a capped...
  4. PortlandBill

Any suggestions on backing out the cap on the washlet outlet on a Duo-Fit WT153M in-wall tank? It is jammed in there pretty good. I tried a 9mm hex wrench, worked out it was probably 3/8-inch but the soft brass is by now stripped. I'm trying to avoid removing and replacing the tank...
  5. PortlandBill

Recommended check valve for rainwater cistern?

Getting back to this, thanks everyone for your input. I went with a SIMMONS-618SS valve (pictured) and the pressure holds for DAYS. Amazing. I should have asked about this before installing the swing valve in the first place!
  6. PortlandBill

The existing check valve looks like this:
  7. PortlandBill

The submersible pump in my rainwater cistern cycles every 12 minutes; 58-to-38 PSI 10 mins, 38-to-58 PSI 2 mins. It's either the check valve immediately above the submersible pump (95% likely) or the union above that (unlikely as there's no sign of water dripping or spurting out.) All other...
  8. PortlandBill

Advice on locating Reduced Pressure Backflow Assembly in my Basement

After some more research I've found several companies that make insulated and optionally heated boxes to protect outdoor RPZ valves. e.g. http://www.safe-t-cover.com/enclosures/view/2 http://www.cleanmywater.com/dmdocuments/parts%20and%20fittings/Watts/ES-WB.pdf I now thinking this is a better...
  9. PortlandBill

Advice on locating Reduced Pressure Backflow Assembly in my Basement

I need advice on locating a Reduced Pressure Backflow Assembly at my home in Portland Oregon. Where do people usually install these things? I'm getting a confusion of messages from the city on where it should be located. I'm in the Pacific Northwest so our winters are mild although we can get...
  10. PortlandBill

Suggestions for bidet seat for American Standard Toilet

Okay, thanks. My strategy will be to switch the toilet to an elongated Toto (presumably a better chance of a good seat fit compared to other brands) and then wait on the washlet until the S350e seat becomes available.
  11. PortlandBill

Thanks Terry. I'll check back later in the week. I'll probably get a remote control model, so presumably the INAX Luscence would be a similar fit to the Clessence. For Toto I was interested in the S300e or S350e. From the Toto sizing chart the depth should be a perfect match, but I can't tell on...
  12. PortlandBill

Terry, do you have any suggestions for a compatible washlet seat for this American Standard toilet? It has a very circular seat. I have a Blooming Bidet in the main bathroom, however, the seat pads are a poor fit for this toilet. You actually gave great advice that previous time based on a...
  13. PortlandBill

Compatible washlet for American Standard Champion toilet with curved back

I went with the Blooming Bidet and it was a good fit. Your advice worked out well. I'm closing on a house next week and it looks like it will fit one of the toilets there and I plan to buy a new washlet seat for the other bathroom.
  14. PortlandBill

Compatible washlet for American Standard Champion toilet with curved back

Thanks Terry and I will look into it. Completely agree on the elongated bowl although as it's a rented property there is not much I can do about the round seat. Round doesn't seem to be designed for humans; not this human anyway.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks