Recent content by poppity

1. poppity

Help connecting a PVC toilet flange to an existing brass drain

Too bad: not DIY anymore! HJ! Oh, man. Of course! Don't worry. I promise I'm not doing this myself. Not anymore. I just wanted to understand it all so I know how it works, and what has to happen (and maybe purchase some of the raw materials beforehand). I'm having a real plumber do ALL...
  2. poppity

Hoo boy! Wow! Thanks for all of the advice! But OOF. Yeah. I was afraid of that crack. Which is why I went ahead and opened up more of the flooring and wall, so I (and the plumber who will be handling the real big stuff, cacher_chick) could really see everything. Here's the result: This...
  3. poppity

Cracked Stack? Mmmmmmmayyybe? The section of the drain that connected the flange and the drain is copper -- and it's loose now. Enough heat transferred during the flange removal that it unsweated itself. That's probably moot now, though, because I think your advice is good: to connect new ABS...
  4. poppity

The existing bits Thanks for that, Smooky. If I have to replace that connection, that might indeed be helpful! Of course... I'd rather not remove the existing bits leading to the cast iron if I can help it. Anyone have any other thoughts on what I posted in my original posting, about what...
  5. poppity

I have a several part question, and I don't think something like this has quite been asked here before. So I'll try to be as detailed as possible! I'm redoing the 2nd-floor bath in my ~1875 condo. I've cleared everything out, including about three extra inches of layered flooring. My primary...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks