Recent content by PlumblocoBrett

1. PlumblocoBrett

Toilet Flange / Closet Flange sheared off - fix with Oatey part# 43538 or 43539 & question

Hi Reach 4, thank you for the challenge. I was able to solder it. I also returned the Oatey retrofit flange. I happily paid the return fee.
  2. PlumblocoBrett

Toilet Flange / Closet Flange sheared off - fix with Oatey part# 43538 or 43539 & question

Hi Jadnashua, thank you for your advice. I was able to solder it back myself. I purchased the "Alpha Fry Lead-Free plumbers kit with Silver-Brearing Alloy , flux, and a brush from Ace Hardware." I also got some MAP fuel for my MAP torch. I gently tapped the lip of the lead waste pipe to allow...
  3. PlumblocoBrett

Hi reach4, I don't want to solder it. I want to fit the Oatey solution in it. Can I push out that dent that you can see in the photo?
  4. PlumblocoBrett

I've been in this home for a year. I have no history on the plumbing work. Drain waste is cast iron. After removing this toilet that started to rotate, I discovered the flange had sheared off. It seems the cast iron riser to the toilet was replaced, but I can't figure out material it is. It has...
  5. PlumblocoBrett

Inside threaded strainer basket

Hi HJ, you nailed it! I found one on the Oatey web side, and they confirmed that the threads are there because the outside threads are rolled. Therefore the inside threads serve no purpose!
  6. PlumblocoBrett

Inside threaded strainer basket

I picked up a used stainless steel sink, it has a strainer basket with inside threads. I do not understand the purpose of the inside threads as I can not find any strainers or other inside sink accessories that have threads! Does any body know the purpose of these threads? Please understand that...
  7. PlumblocoBrett

I’m here

I’m here
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks