Recent content by Plumbingnoob

1. Plumbingnoob

Regeneration time...

This is the last time I will be checking back in... I have been below pH of 8 over the past month. This morning and over the course of the past week I have measured a pH of 7.3. I am no longer using the strips either but have been using : Etekcity 0.05pH High Accuracy Pocket Size pH Meter...
  2. Plumbingnoob

Planning for winter and backwashing PVC drain piping...

I have a PVC drain line discharging above grade along the side of the house. The pipe leaves the house and runs parallel with the side of the house for about 6 feet then 90's away from the house for about 10 feet and the line ends (backwash water just dumps on grass). When the PVC pipe runs...
  3. Plumbingnoob

Regeneration time...

Checking back in, my wife and I have been moved into the house for two weeks now. Two days ago I used pH strips to sample the water and the colors are now indicating a pH around 9. Last time I posted the colors correlated to a pH of 10. Progress is being made! Almost to the goal...
  4. Plumbingnoob

What can you tell me from this picture? Water Softener

You have a good set up there and the equipment appears in good condition.
  5. Plumbingnoob

Please help: Culligan water softener

I'm curious to which area you moved to in Maryland...I recently moved (settled on March 28th) to Laytonsville / Gaithersburg area and am on well water as well. Did you do any well water tests to determine the pH, hardness, alkalinity, or anything else before moving? I feel your pain in dealing...
  6. Plumbingnoob

Regeneration time...

Officially at a current pH of 10.22 with my setup. As an experiment, I'm going to monitor how long it takes the corosex to dissolve (0.5 cu ft) and for the pH to get down to 6.5 to 7 pH. Currenty, I have both BAN set to backwash once every three days. I have not been using the water that much...
  7. Plumbingnoob

Regeneration time...

Understood, I would like 7.0 pH but at 9.5 or 10 with soft water there is relatively no risk of corrosion which is the only reason I provided an objection to your previous statement of "You need 7.0 to stop corrosion". Let's face it there is no corrosion of plumbing with basic water (ph > 7)...
  8. Plumbingnoob

Regeneration time...

Hmm, that is different than what I have been reading. High pH can typically cause scaling due to hardness (or high level of calcium precipitating). With the water softening removing the hardness with sodium precipitation or solid formation is less likely. Please stop scaring me, Gary...
  9. Plumbingnoob

Regeneration time...

Wow, that sounds painful. Removing the media completely could be an arduous task! I'm thinking when the corosex is completely dissolved and the pH level noticeably drops off - I might just add 0.2 Cu Ft of corosex mixed with 0.3 Cu Ft of calcite. I don't really have a target pH but I am happy...
  10. Plumbingnoob

Regeneration time...

will do...I bought from B_udgetwater. But if you think about it the total concentration of corosex is 0.5 cu ft out of 3.0 cu ft (I have two 1.5 cu ft tanks in series). Meaning 5/6 is calcite or 16.5% corosex mixture per tank (although I have it set up with 33% of one tank with corosex)...
  11. Plumbingnoob

Regeneration time...

Gary, you are correct. I overshot the ph big time but was only following instructions given by the people i bought the equipment from. The starting point was 5.2 and currently at the kitchen sink i am receiving ph test strip results of 10. The pool stores ph test indicated the highest ph for...
  12. Plumbingnoob

Regeneration time...

They recommended at least thirty minutes apart but I don't feel too comfortable with that considering when you force manual regen it is like a 90 minute+ operation. Backwash is 14 minutes but the whole cycle is much longer as you know. The media in the first AN is purely calcite where as the...
  13. Plumbingnoob

Regeneration time...

That seems like a good idea. I know a lot of this information is not readily available over the web. If the backwash cycle is set for 14 minutes - I would assume I would only need 15 minutes in between cycles...it's not quite clear on this. 2:00 AM (1st) -> 2:15 AM (2nd) -> 2:30 AM (3rd)...
  14. Plumbingnoob

Regeneration time...

Here is what I am working with: Times 2 of this for the acid neutralizers: And the water softener's head:
  15. Plumbingnoob

Regeneration time...

I'd like to do that but it seems really hard to do since it appears I can not specifically set which days a unit regens. I think the work around would be have unit one regen for first cycle everyday and after the first day set to every three days. Have unit two regen every two days and after...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks