Recent content by plumbingchallenged

1. plumbingchallenged

Plastic tubing for an ice maker water line???

it does have sort of rod for a handle so I'm assuming its some kind of clamp. The device to shut it off is similar to small version of the handle you would use to tighten a bench vice. It doesnt have a lever like my main shutoff or even a knob.
  2. plumbingchallenged

thanks for all your help everyone. I may eventually have someone come out and run a copper line, but for the mean time the compression fitting seems to have fixed the issue. (I come from a family of electricians so plumbing baffles me ;) ) Now I just need to fix the shutoff valve to it on the...
  3. plumbingchallenged

yes it is the milky white kind, but the reason I even posed this question was that last night it actually got a pin hole in it somehow, and started spraying water everywhere. So I just cut out the bad section of tubing and put in a small 1/4 inch compression fitting, as a quick fix. I just...
  4. plumbingchallenged

Hello all, new to the forums here. My wife and I just bought our 1st home, and one of the things I've noticed since moving in, is that the water line for the ice maker in the fridge is made of 1/4 inch plastic tubing. Is this normal? Everything I've ever seen before for these is 1/4 inch copper...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks