Recent content by plumbernotme

1. plumbernotme

Absolute Newbie wants to fix own Grohe 33 625 shower faucet - good idea? bad idea?

Wrong part ID'd by Grohe,do you recognize this part? Progress, sort of. I ordered the part identified by Grohe (cartridge part # 46-0848, pictured above), and then took the shower apart to make the replacement. Lo and behold, the innards don't look anything like what Grohe told me to buy...
  2. plumbernotme

Absolute Newbie wants to fix own Grohe 33 625 shower faucet - good idea? bad idea?

The whole handle rotates, vs. lifting. No set screw, but thanks as I hadn't thought to look for one. But that gave me an idea - it could just be really stuck and needing something to loosen it. I wrapped it in a towel, then poured near-boiling water over the towel and let it heat the fixture...
  3. plumbernotme

Above is an image of the cartridge. or see it here: http://www.faucetdepot.com/prod/Grohe-46.048.000-Single-Handle-Mixing-Valve-Ceramic-Cartridge-85336.asp Here is a look at the handle, and the cover that should come off: It is on pretty tightly, and so far I have not been able to remove it...
  4. plumbernotme

A 14-yr old Grohe 33 625 "Eurowing" shower faucet is leaking (constant dripping). Grohe very kindly sent pretty complete installation and repair instructions, plus the information that the part that needs replacing is the cartridge, part number 46 048. Now the hardest part seems to be just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks