Recent content by Plumber1

1. Plumber1

Unclogging a toilet which drains out the front

It's called a " wash down" as opposed to a "reverse trap" toilet bowl. The latter was a little quieter and a bit more expensive. Closet augers go both ways. Both flush quite well. Auger it. Check the rim flush , make sure water in the bowl is up to it's overflow point. Make sure the water is...
  2. Plumber1

kitchen sink drain is lower than waste pipe and leaks

Just a note. I don't think that that black coupling is a drain fitting. It looks like its an offset reducing coupling. Looks like cast but could be malleable. Were sometimes used on heating systems.
  3. Plumber1

Bathtub leaking into apartment below

I've see so many calls like this and so many times it's water getting through the wall at the faucet or spout. But then you find it leaking through the floor, the customer says , but we don't get water on the floor. You need to look in the access and prove the point. Showers can get water over...
  4. Plumber1

Toilet drain modification

He's talking about a brass flange to copper waste line. Even if it's flat to the stack, you won't see any difference.
  5. Plumber1

Why Low Water Pressure in Just One Fixture?

Take the diverter out and see if you see a possible problem.
  6. Plumber1

soldering a slip coupling tight spot

Maybe you should save time and frustration and just replace the whole thing. If you cut out the split how are you going to put it together. I don't think you can be that exact.
  7. Plumber1

Locating drain pipes in basement

When you locate them, what are you going to do? Or why do you want to find them?
  8. Plumber1

My sink is burping

Sounds like a drain or vent problem. Are there some more details you could give us? New home or an older home etc.
  9. Plumber1

Kitchen Faucet Noise/Shutter

Probably a slight drip or leak associated with the hose and or spray.
  10. Plumber1

cast iron under the sink

I usually cracked those (Durham), cast fittings, with a heavy short handled sledge and backed it up with an 18" pipe wrench. Or you can cut the steel pipe back near the wall and give yourself more room and transition with a no-hub band to pvc.
  11. Plumber1

faucet washers...different grades?

You have a seat problem....
  12. Plumber1

watertight seal between faucet base and sink

I've been throwing away those darned black rubber gaskets that Delta has been using for fifty years or more and using plumbers putty and where necessary I use a clear caulk. I like Delta but here comes another gasket to toss.
  13. Plumber1

lead flared pipe/installing a flange

Yes, some old timers used to peen the lead over onto the floor and use closet screws, not bolts to hold the toilet.
  14. Plumber1

corporate coupling/water meter problems/broken pipe

Here in Michigan where I live, the valve at the water main is called a (corporation cock). And you need whats called a street key to shut off the water because our water service is at least 4 ft below grade.
  15. Plumber1

LOW END ---DELTA FAUCETS--- now sold at LOWES.....

Mark, if it comes to that, I think that I would explain what's happened and suggest that your Delta from your supplier would be just fine. You might eat this one but now you are for warned for the next guy. Don't you think that if the customer buys his own items and if they are defective that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks