Recent content by Plumber Jim

1. Plumber Jim

TOTO 1 piece toilet fill valve

That did the trick. Thanks again.
  2. Plumber Jim

Thanks terry. the old one would have required using a screw driver. the top is screwed on.
  3. Plumber Jim

Hey guys, I have a 1 piece Toto toilet that had a Hunter 612 fill valve in it. I tried a korky 528 quiet fill and it doesn't refill the bowl with enough water. Anyone know the correct fill valve to put in it? I forgot to get the numbers of the toilet but I think its like 9 years old.
  4. Plumber Jim

Which Gas Hot Water Heater?

It is also possible that the T&P valve on your old heater was stuck shut and could have ended in a very serious problem at some point. Now that you have a new one the new one is working as it should and a thermal expansion problem was found.
  5. Plumber Jim

Brass lavatory drain conundrum

Yes, you could remove the nipple and use a pvc male adaptor and a short piece of pvc and a trap adaptor or a trap adaptor that glues inside a hub.
  6. Plumber Jim

Cast Iron pipe - Lead removal and resealing

take a torch to the lead and melt it till it all runs out. then dig out the oakum and remove the piece in the hub and install a new longer piece. They make rubber seals to use instead of the lead. not sure on your local codes on if they are ok or not.
  7. Plumber Jim

Kenmore Power Miser 12 gas WH won't reach rated temperatures

plus the stats are plus or minus 10 degrees from setting.
  8. Plumber Jim

Airless Water Valve, Paying too much for water?

It seems to me all of you people with a post or 2 are just the owner of this scam trying to water down the facts. It is a scam plain and simple and if any of you are not the owner and really think it might be real then I truly feel bad for you. If someone is looking at saving water then replace...
  9. Plumber Jim

Pop Up Drain in Vessel Sink Drains Slowly

that's a common problem. it's not a regular popup. they tend to drain slower than a normal lav sink drain. I have even seen the slam shut when draining a full sink.
  10. Plumber Jim

water heater leak!!

Make sure the water heater is set to only 120 degrees. also. if you do have a pressure reducing valve and you still are getting a pressure of over 75 psi then I would say the PRV is indeed bad and needs to be replaced. open a faucet and then close it then check the pressure gauge. if it doesn't...
  11. Plumber Jim

Shower Cartridge Brand ?

Looks like a Gerber. This is a gerber looks close yours might be an older version.
  12. Plumber Jim

Gas Water Heater Assistance

I would go with a bradford white 50 gallon.
  13. Plumber Jim

Can I adapt to a cast iron tee without cutting? Replacing a lead bend.

Use a 90 with a 1 1/2" on the heel. glue in a small piece of pipe then use a fernco to connect from the plastic to the old lead.
  14. Plumber Jim

Shower is freezing, how to I adjust the temp valve?

If you put the handle on without the rest of the trim and turn it can you get hot water? also you can turn off both valves and pull the clip on the top that holds the cartridge in and then remove the cartridge and open the hot side and see if you have pressure there the close and do the same on...
  15. Plumber Jim

Shower is freezing, how to I adjust the temp valve?

you have 2 stops on that valve one on the right and one on the left. use a screw driver and make sure the left one assuming its not backwards is open all the way.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks