Recent content by PLee1980

1. PLee1980

Transition from in-wall to outdoor EMT conduit options?

Thanks for the responses guys, I was trying to think this all through in my head and I should have just went down to the hardware store before I posted. I went down to Home Depot and all their EMT LBs are set screw only, but the Rigid LBs are threaded and I can use them with a liquid tight...
  2. PLee1980

Transition from in-wall to outdoor EMT conduit options?

I'm adding a new outdoor outlet, which I plan to run a new circuit from my main panel along the side of the house preferably with surface mount EMT. The connector transition from the in-wall wiring to the surface mount EMT is where I am having trouble figuring it out. I've seen a LB type...
  3. PLee1980

Cracket Closet Flange Repair Options

I thought I'd follow up with what I ended up doing. I wasn't able to put a new flange on top of the old once since it was causing the toilet to sit off the finished floor. When I actually measured with a level, the old flange was actually sitting around 1/4" above the finished floor. But...
  4. PLee1980

The existing flange is pretty much level with the finished floor, if anything 1/16" higher. I tried screwing in an Oatey twist-n-set flange on top of the existing, with no wax ring on it, the toilet sits around 1/4" above the finished floor, so I don't think that will work?? I suppose another...
  5. PLee1980

Cracked Closet Flange Repair Options Hello everyone, I pulled my toilet since I was having some sewer gas coming from the base. I expected to need to replace the wax ring, but upon further inspection, I see the closet flange ABC/PVC pipe is cracked near the ring. It appears the flange is...
  6. PLee1980

Is this subpanel wired properly?

I'm not sure if it's clear from the picture, but there are four open breaker slots to the left of the existing breakers.
  7. PLee1980

Thank you for the detailed info. I hadn't seen the grounding bushings before. Regarding the panel feed size, how do they consider things like outlets? I know my main panel has far more "non-continuous" load than feed (200A) if you consider all the outlet circuits (all 20A). Just curious...
  8. PLee1980

Thank you both for the info. Sounds pretty straight forward. I'll definitely add a terminal bar and get the ground fixed. I'll work on fixing the wires too, they are short runs anyways. I had never heard of the 6 hand motions rule before (learn something new every day). The circuit I was...
  9. PLee1980

Hello, I have a surface mount subpanel in my garage which has been present since I bought the place (I didn't wire it up). I am thinking about adding a circuit to it, so I pulled the cover to take a look at how it's wired and I'm wondering if the panel ground is wired correctly. This...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks