Recent content by Platin465

1. Platin465

Revisiting Water system and ready to buy. Please help with final decision

Hi all! I came here quite a while ago due to needing to replace my softener & iron removal system. However, while reading through the forums, I decided to bypass the iron filter (it was with the purple chemical tank, I don't remember what it was anymore), and do some maintenance on my softener...
  2. Platin465

Iron Filter / Water Softener - how to choose

I appreciate that you brought up this fix. I will be heating the water to max whenever the smell comes back. My goal though is to stop this from happening to begin with. If this is bacterial, then where is it coming from? If from the water source, then how do I clean it before it gets into my...
  3. Platin465

Hey, so that worked! I set the water heater to 160f for about an hour and a half, then ran the hot on each faucet for a bit until they all had water at ~150f for a minute or so. Hopefully that's enough to kill gunk in the lines a bit as well. I'll clean out the softener this weekend. I...
  4. Platin465

I'm interested in this solution. I recently replaced my water heater and now I've got the smell. So should I just buy a filter housing, put shut off valves on either side of it, and put it in line before the inlet of the water heater? I've already got a water softener. Should I put it before...
  5. Platin465

Need help in choosing & sizing water treatment equipment.

Dittto, Off subject, why are there three "t"s in your name? Now, thanks again for the info! This is the kind of stuff that I need to know. So which valves should I use outside? Is the 2510 SXT good? I did find it odd that the 5600 SXT cost less than the others.
  6. Platin465

Well, I've been looking around and I found information and troubleshooting guides for that HN55. I really like that sort of info. So I've priced a system. Please let me know if this is all I would need to effectively treat the iron, then remove it as well as the Chrorine from the water...
  7. Platin465

Wow, lots of info. I like this idea of an injector. I've seen some prices and looks good. All together, the package Gary showed comes out to about the same as an injector method, unless I'm putting together the wrong parts. I've been terribly busy with company staying with us, as well as...
  8. Platin465

Thank you both for the input on IRB and tannins. I believe one of the testers did say I have tannins, and when I first bought the house and had someone come over and service the current equipment, he said I have a tannin issue. He flushed the softener through the nearest hose bibb and a ton of...
  9. Platin465

Ok, I think I get it. First, we clean out the Iron using Pyrolox (instead of greensand which just has a coating of pyrolox), then we clean out the hardness (CaCo3) with a regular resin, then clean out the tannins with the opposite type of resin. We want to clean out the hardness first because...
  10. Platin465

Ok, that second stage thing is all new to me. I'll need to get more info (and pricing) to get that one around my head. What I get so far is that they both regenerate at the same time, but the softener gets brine and the tannin remover gets chloride. So is there going to be a chloride tank, or...
  11. Platin465

Hi! I've been reading forums for 3+ months and trying to decide what to buy. I've gotten various quotes and just don't know if I'm being sold what I need, especially due to all the conflicting info the local salesmen have given me. My well water test results: Hardness: 17-20 pH: 7 Iron...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks