Recent content by PistonDog

1. PistonDog

Water Source Heat Pump Discharge

There's a new type of leachfield pipe being installed that uses 12" (slightly perforated) black pipe surrounded by a 1" green non-woven plastic mat, all covered by (something like) landscape fabric. Seems pretty impervious to roots. Might give you an idea. The ultimate source of all knowledge...
  2. PistonDog

Baseboard heaters

This house was built in 1974 and had all electric baseboard heating, which I replaced. The original circuits were all 220v with (obviously) 2-pole breakers. Each room had a dedicated circuit, complete with a thermostat (2 pole break) adjacent to the lightswitch. It is cheap to install...
  3. PistonDog

Hi, more electric baseboard heater questions.

Don't know how far you want to go, but if the house is insulated well & has good windows the 2nd floor should be warmer than the 1st (heat rises). Do you have access above the new nursery to check the insulation in the ceiling ? How tight are the windows. Adding more heat will cost you $$ every...
  4. PistonDog

Basement heating

DMKraft, I'm in the same situation, so I'll suggest the same path I'm investigating (see my post about fresh air intake). If your furnace has a vent (pipe) from the outside to supply combustion air, nevermind you'll have to find another solution. My problem is the furnace gets its...
  5. PistonDog

Fresh Air Intake

Ranch house with 10 year old Carrier furnace with Beckett AFG oil burner. Any reason not to run an air intake from the outside to supply combustion air ? I'm trying to keep the basement warmer. Any caveats to doing this ? Any advice on method Choice A. PVC to outside with vermin guard...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks