1. Pinecone

RV water heater check valve install

You are correct Sir.
  2. Pinecone

Please see post #8
  3. Pinecone

What is a "malfuntioning" water heater. I can see strength needed in a residential water heater in case there was movement. The RV water heater is different in so far as there can is no physical movement. It's a square box mounted solid. Maybe a little bit of movement in the line as you go...
  4. Pinecone

I may have found a solution. PEX male adapters and a short re-plumbling job with PEX tubing. The male 1/2" adapter is rated to 200F. I read where you are not supposed to use PEX fittings right at the water heater output, but this seems to be because of the exhaust flue. In my case the WH...
  5. Pinecone

Jeff H......the problem is galvanic corrosion, i.e dissimilar metals. Plastic is non-conductive. Brass is conductive, hence corrosion. Now, apparently there are no PVC or CPVC threaded fittings that are recommended to be directly fitted to water heater output, because of expansion/contraction...
  6. Pinecone

Is there a dielectric union with galvanized threads? I cannot use any other material or corrosion will be an issue. A brass nipple is suggested, but will not solve my problem
  7. Pinecone

I am replacing a plastic check valve on the output of a Dometic RV water heater. The new check valve is brass which presents a problem of dissimilar metals and galvanic corrosion. I thought a CPVC nipple between the tank and the check valve would work to insulate the two materials, however I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks