Recent content by PhillyRunninMan

1. PhillyRunninMan

Furnace will not start or stop running reliably

I don't believe my system has a pressure controller like that (with the pig tail). The valve to bleed off the sludge from the furnace works fine--I bleed it off every other month in the heating season. I'll have a look an see if there is another portion (pig tail-like) of the pressure...
  2. PhillyRunninMan

I'll try to dig up the schematics--that was a hectic time (my son was in the hospital when we closed on the house--he's fine now) & I'm afraid that I didn't get them when the system was converted from oil. I'll have a look and see what I can find. Thanks!
  3. PhillyRunninMan

I was hoping that it was that !!! but no, the damper is balanced & moving smoothly Thanks!
  4. PhillyRunninMan

Thanks for the response (& sorry for my delay). The digital thermostat (& batteries) is new & the wall is well insulated--no drafts. I'm thinking it has to be the relays. Interesting (with the new thermostat & batteries) the Furnace turns on on cue, but still fails to shut off. The...
  5. PhillyRunninMan

Hi all, I've got a 60 year old steam furnace with a newer gas burner unit (~12 years old) that will not reliably start up and, when started, will continue to heat long after the target temperature has been met. I have replaced the 60-year old wiring & the 12-year old thermostat and still...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks