Recent content by Philip in Connecticut

1. Philip in Connecticut

TOTO Thermostatic Mixing Valve Issue

OK, good idea. I took one of the older cartridges apart and I see there are two o-rings inside the cartridge, which I assume control the on/off function (since its a dual use valve, for my specific variant, I think only one of the flow channels is used). I do wonder where the leak is: inside...
  2. Philip in Connecticut

TOTO Thermostatic Mixing Valve Issue

I have a TOTO TSTA single volume control thermostatic mixing valve in the master bath. I installed this maybe 10 years ago. The problem: recently, it started to leak from the shower head. It is a very slow leak: water builds up in the shower head, then it comes out in a flood (assuming surface...
  3. Philip in Connecticut

Which Brand for Ease of Installation: Shower/Bath Remodel

OK, I have exactly one bath remodel under my belt. I used Toto parts exclusively for that job, primarily because we liked a particular suite of products (everything has to match). I am now getting ready to do a remodel of the main bath. I am wondering if there is something better out there...
  4. Philip in Connecticut

Low Flow Shower Head: Interesting Phenomenon

Here is another pic of an old diverter valve that I had temporarily attached to the Toto shower arm in the picture above. The female end of the diverter has a washer and mated just fine to the threads on the toto arm (although when I purchased it, it was intended to be attached to the end of...
  5. Philip in Connecticut

I did come across this adapter: I am wondering, if it did have a washer in the female section, it might do the trick? http://www.groheamerica.com/lib/8/catalogue_p1/gw/lc25/45296000_GW.pdf
  6. Philip in Connecticut

Coupling that attaches the original toto head to the toto arm (in the photo) has a rubber gasket (no teflon tape or pipe dope). The threads on the end of the arm do not appear to be tapered. However, I have another "standard" shower arm (the type you can buy at any hardware store) and the...
  7. Philip in Connecticut

The referenced docs. indicate that the shower head assembly with arm attaches to the wall fixture (drop elbow?) with 1/2" npt fitting. My attachment to the plumbing in the wall is not a problem. I am referring to the threaded portion of the shower arm that the ball joint and shower head attach...
  8. Philip in Connecticut

Non-standard threads for Shower Head Attachment I have not gotten too far with this issue (not happy with shower performance, but we would like to salvage at least the toto arm since it fits/matches with the rest of the soiree suite of toto fixtures) , and I am still trying to determine what...
  9. Philip in Connecticut

I suspect it is a delicate balance between i.d. of openings, spray velocity and total flow. I'm not trying to supercharge the head (we are on well water and just put in a new septic field), I just want to reduce the water vapor volume by going to a slighly coarser spray (I was thinking about...
  10. Philip in Connecticut

When we were planning our remodel, I was prepared for making compromises in toilet performance, but I neglected to factor in the possibility that compromises would also be needed when going from an apparently higher flow mid 1990s Hangrohe shower head to a current 2.5 gpm Toto shower head...
  11. Philip in Connecticut

The new shower head is a Toto Soiree 2.5 gpm unit: not sure if it is aerating or not (literature on their web site does not appear to define type). I'd hate to give up on this unit (given what I paid for it). I removed the head from the arm, exposing the male threads at the end of the arm. I...
  12. Philip in Connecticut

I am nearly finished with a bathroom remodel, and tried out the new shower today. It seems that the new shower head is producing a lot more water vapor (as compared to my previous shower head which was a Hansgrohe purchased in the early/mid 1990's) resulting in considerably more condensation on...
  13. Philip in Connecticut

Toto Soiree Toilet: Drip, Drip, Drip?

And if there are two defects in that thousand, I'll get the second one. Without going into details, this is not the only issue I've had on this remodeling project with our Toto Soiree suite of fixtures (I lost count of the number of phone calls I've made to their customer service...
  14. Philip in Connecticut

Toto Soiree Toilet: Drip, Drip, Drip?

OK, tried a new flapper: still leaked (mating surface of valve seems smooth). Removed flush valve and noticed that rubber/vinyl(?) gasket under flush valve flange was somewhat distorted (i.e., looks like it did not seat properly when installed). In addition, the mating surface of the tank was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks