Recent content by Phaedrus123

1. Phaedrus123

Adapt Cast Iron Main Cleanout -- DW

no short cuts you got a cast iron double vented house trap.the first plug is on the street side,what you are tying into is the house side ,usually we access here when there is a stoppage.that 4 inch pvc at the back of the pic is your fresh air vent to release sewer gases from the building.now...
  2. Phaedrus123

help with venting

sump vent sump vent must run individually thru roof and min half diameter of waste but 1ft below roof line increase to 3in
  3. Phaedrus123

Wet Venting

let me guess,that horizontal vent,i bet there was a ty before the trap for the shower.that ty then ran horizontal with a little pitch back to the trap,then that horizontal vent turned into a vertical pipe and tied into the rest of the bathroom vents,in the city every fixture gets trapped and...
  4. Phaedrus123

wet vent?

it was on a test in ny.ive never done it as we individually vent our fixtures,that is why i am having trouble with this,
  5. Phaedrus123

wet vent?

waiting for my ipc book to come but in the meantime i still have a ? on wet venting. how do i draw an isometric drawing of a bathroom(toilet ,sink,tub) and directly behind bathsink is a kitchen combo sink.if you can do this with minimum pipe sizes it would be most appreciated.thanks
  6. Phaedrus123

Vent size for 3" horizontal drain from water closet

guess you dont have freezing problems like we do.in ny they want min 3inthru roof and extend a minimum of 18 inches
  7. Phaedrus123

Will toilet flush cause shower temp change in this configuration?

where i live inspector said if he saw branches of a water main in pex he would fail.i stick with copper,,,tried and tested.
  8. Phaedrus123

Vent size for 3" horizontal drain from water closet

some say min 2 inch vent some say 1.5 inch.if toilet were 4 in vent would be 2in.half the diameter.where i work in nyc toilet would require 2in vent however as i am learning about wet venting and getting advice from the above plumbers i would listen to them.also minimum of 3in going thru roof.
  9. Phaedrus123

wet venting books?

book you suggested is in the mail.thanks
  10. Phaedrus123

Will toilet flush cause shower temp change in this configuration?

from what i hear about pex as a potable water source,you are only meant to use it as a home run system.check the inside diameter of that tee you are going to cut in.this is one of the drawbacks of using pex although im sure your plumber ran a homerun system.as stated above if shower is pressure...
  11. Phaedrus123

heatloss calc.

the guy swears by it and says it is always pretty close.i know what you are saying about taking everything into account insulation etc,i even called slantfinn and they said they stopped making that programme a few years ago.anyway i am now looking at a hb smith boiler with an indirect...
  12. Phaedrus123

heatloss calc.

to funny,if i could i would send it.i tried to download that programme before but i have a mac and the programme is not compatable.i am no computer whizz .i tried wrightsoft to and the same result.i called taco and they said i needed some software to convert from windows to mac.im lost.now i was...
  13. Phaedrus123

heatloss calc.

slantfinn used to provide a heat loss calculation programme.they discontinued it a few years back.does anyone have access to this programme and if so would you be willing to part with it for a few days,i will pay all expenses,thankyou
  14. Phaedrus123

wet venting books?

thankyou everyone think i got it.sorry about the confusion about the diagram,layout was double compartment kitchen sink on the same floor level and on the other side of the wall was bathroom.examiner wanted diagram in an isometric form showing 1.fixtures wet vented,2 stack vented,3 individulal...
  15. Phaedrus123

burnham-iq boiler

would love to be able to get the burnham but$$$$$$$ are tight.has anyone had experience with oil fired slantfin boilers
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks