Recent content by PeteSC

1. PeteSC

Ikea Plumbing.....?

That should work fine if it'll fit in your space. That flexible line to the left of the drain plumbing appears to be for the sink overflow as it looks like the sink does not have an integrated overflow discharge.
  2. PeteSC

Pressure Testing & Cleanouts

Thanks. I've understood that a little drip from the cleanout wasn't anything to fret over but in the end it really comes down to what my inspector wants to see. Same for the pressure test - inspector instructed me to test it to the flood level of the highest fixture, so that's what was done.
  3. PeteSC

Ooohhh.....I like that idea. Thanks!
  4. PeteSC

I pressure tested my DWV system yesterday for leaks using a test plug and filling the drain lines with water to flood level of the highest fixture. There were a few drips from two cleanouts in the system - would Teflon tape around the cleanout plug get rid of that? Is it even something to...
  5. PeteSC

Adding discharge line to soil stack

Thanks hj. Glad to know I can leave the bend as-is. The upper picture was taken when the subfloor was open, and since the plumber did the work my photo was from the top as I had no reason at the time to get down in there for a photo from a different angle. The photo i took yesterday is from...
  6. PeteSC

Thank you very much....that is greatly appreciated. The way my plumber had it done LITERALLY kept me up at night, mainly with that horizontal sanitary and lack of a clean-out. As I told my wife this is our home and I want it to function right, so it was a no brainer to try and redo it. This...
  7. PeteSC

That 2" line is the laundry drain. The drop from the toilet flange to the closet bend is less than 2 feet, and the distance from the closet bend to the main stack is less than 1.5 feet. I'm in an IPC state which doesn't limit the distance between the closet bend and vent, but a combined...
  8. PeteSC

I'm adding a master bathroom onto my house and converting an old 3-piece bathroom to a powder room. One of the challenges has been figuring out how to add the the drain line from the addition into the original 4" soil stack, another has been how to re-work the powder room toilet and laundry...
  9. PeteSC

DMV system for bathroom addition

Below are photos of my bathroom DWV system on a bath I'm adding on to my house. The vertical vent lines run straight up a wall through the top plate where a straight 2" horizontal line links them up and connects them to a 3" roof stack. I'm in South Carolina which is an IPC state. Distance...
  10. PeteSC

Pete's master bath addition

Mods...please delete. Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks