Recent content by PeterT

1. PeterT

Shower and Toilet Vent - 3 Options - which one works?

I don't have the height for the 2 inch santee to sit above the 3x3x2. thanks.
  2. PeterT

Perfect. Does the below drawing also work provided that the distance limits are met?
  3. PeterT

Thanks Wayne. See the modified image - I moved the dry vent to the shower drain and now the WC will wet vent adhering to the distances you outlined. Only question is: since a portion of the shower drain now becomes a wet vent, does that wet vent section need to be upsized to 3" ?
  4. PeterT

Governed by UPC in CA. The 2" vent location is fixed as it falls in a wall. Option A - I presume doesn't work because the toilet drains the shower trap, correct? Option B - will meet code, correct? Option C - this is the best solution for me: tie shower trap arm into WC drain line at the...
  5. PeterT

Water Softener Drain Options

thanks for your help. Can I "Y" off the washer standpipe into a separate box, is that permitted? And if that Y terminates a couple of inches above the washer standpipe section, that would build in the airgap, correct?
  6. PeterT

Water Softener Drain Options

I'm in CA and I presume the softener drain discharge must go to the sewer - if not, let me know! My best drain option is to a nearby laundry sink. The hose that came with the softener is clear plastic flex with a 3/8" ID. Instead, I plan to run 1/2" pex up to a height of about 8' 6" to 9 feet...
  7. PeterT

Toilet Vent Simple Question - 2 floors

Thanks so much! Yes, you are 100% correct to the inch...its all 3 inch and a 3x3x2 Y rotated slightly just barely gets the vent under the wall...but the street closet bend is key. You got me thinking....I do have a 16x16 opening in the floor for the tub drain further downstream and the main...
  8. PeterT

there's now another 6" slab on top of the old one...with rebar :eek: and a wall is now sitting over the main drain line so its easier to access a lateral vs the main line.
  9. PeterT

I hear you on the convoluted pattern...unfortunately the concrete is poured and we made a change on the 2nd floor that requires dumping the 2nd floor toilet into the stack that was originally going to only vent this 1st floor toilet...that's what created the need to vent it. Yes, I do have the...
  10. PeterT

See image below. The Y will be installed just after the WC closet bend and a 2" vent will rise from the Y at greater than 45 degrees. I want to get the 2" vent from the Y into the wall behind the toilet. To do so, the vent would have to reverse direction under the concrete with some 45's ...
  11. PeterT

What if I install a Y for the vent between points A (the WC) and B and then run the vent to the nearest wall (which is behind the toilet)...this requires reversing the vent direction 180 degrees with some 45's from the Y but I presume that's acceptable as long as I maintain a minimum 45 degree...
  12. PeterT

thanks for the idea, that could work but would require taking up a lot of concrete...so I'm likely going to have to tie in to a different drain in another part of the house unless I can tie in between points E and C on your drawing. Can I put a 3" san T on its back in that location (between E...
  13. PeterT

Wayne, you're correct... the closet bend isn't low enough to permit a Y to stay vertical to the wall cavity. thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks