Recent content by pedietz

1. P

Annual gas boiler service

What services does a good gas boiler mechanic perform during an annual service? Thanks in advance for your insight.
  2. P

Gas boiler pilot light

I have an older Burnham gas boiler. When I set the thermostat at its lowest setting, the boiler will fire until the thermostat no longer calls for heat, then the pilot goes out. Yesterday, I set the thermostat to 60 or so, and the pilot was still on this morning and the system was still hot, so...
  3. P

Gas furnace readings

I have a Weil-McLain boiler supplying the hot water to my cast-iron radiator heating system. Any one have a thought on what the pressure and temperature gauges should be reading? The temp gauge goes to 130-140F after the boiler cycles off, and the pressure gauge appears to be fairly steady at...
  4. P

Getting a snake through a p-trap?

Clarification? Why no drain cleaning bladder? Does it matter if the drains are cast iron, not PVC?
  5. P

Getting a snake through a p-trap?

My pedestal sink is so close to the wall that I can't get a wrench on the clean-out on the bottom of the trap. Any suggestions on getting a snake through the trap? The drain appears to be blocked about 4 - 6' away from the sink, for what that is worth.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks